1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fried Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Awoken, 28 Apr 2004.

1. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

Looks like my Audigy has given up the ghost. I was pushing the FSB up on my GA-7VRXP and it failed to post, reset and loaded from the secondary bios (first I knew about it was the board reset itself and the internal clock had reset). Reset the bios, removed the overclock and everything posted fine. Ran 3D mark and no sound :eeek:

Tried a few other things... still no sound, checked device manager...no card detected :duh:

Looks like its dead and well outside warranty. Anyone got any suggestions for a revival? :wallbash:

2. Awoken

Okay, just a short. Removed it and tinkered, its back up and working but theres another problem:
    Full screen games run fine but movies are grey/washed out and are blurred, makes no difference which player I use. Is it a problem with the gfx card?

3. hypocrisy86

hypocrisy86 Banned

Some one else has this problem
    what type of 3d card is it?....

4. TMM

TMM Modder

edit:.. have you tryed another card?

Last edited: 28 Apr 2004
  5. Awoken

Its a Ti4200, tried another card which had the same prob. Ran directx diag, reduced hardware acceleration cleared up the problem. Reinstalled the drivers and directx now its working again :confused:
    Weird. Well after a few tweaks, letting the thing cool down, removing and refitting cards everything seems to be working again. Going to be a little more cautious with my overclocks on this board in the future (no dividers or bus lock!) :worried: