1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp Help with designing Fan on Sketchup

Discussion in 'Modding' started by LinuxMaster9, 10 Jan 2011.

1. LinuxMaster9

LinuxMaster9 What's a Dremel?

Hi, I'm a fledgling Modder from the US. Im new to sketchup and have a rough Idea of what i want to do for a case and it involves a custom fan that has the outside cover rotating pulling air in and the center blowing air out. The idea for the fan is to use a corkscrew style fan (S-type fan) to pump the air up and out the middle of the fan assembly while the outer layer of the assemble spins the opposite direction sucking cool air in and down. The Case is in the rough shape of a cylinder. The fan assembly should run throughout the case (from one end to the other).
    I just don't know how to use sketchup right and all. I can "see" the case, but have a hard time going to paper.:grr:

2. asura

asura jack of all trades

Counter rotating fans, ambitious, I like it! As for designing fan's in SU, I used TIG's lofting tools plug-in which can be found here it's not the easiest process in the world though. Draw out on paper a bit first, and get something you're satisfied with, and if you pop it up on here I can see what I can do... won't be for a few weeks however, as I've got a lot on in the new year.

3. LinuxMaster9

LinuxMaster9 What's a Dremel?

Counter Rotating fans exactly, except for the fact that if you think of it in the way of 2 cylinders, one inside the other rotating in opposite directions. The inner fan is an S-type turbine, the outer one the kind you see on the roof of a restaurant. The center one exhaust, the outer one intakes.