Horizontal Scrolling?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Soulfly22583, 9 Dec 2009.

1. Soulfly22583

Soulfly22583 What's a Dremel?

First off, I did a search and could not find anything close to what i was looking for. If this is a repeat question or in the wrong area I do apologize.

I first noticed the lack of a horizontal scroll bar in firefox a few weeks ago when I was trying to look at a post in the "post your desktop" thread. I see they have the resized image and the option to view the original size image. When I click that link it goes beyond the screen and i have no way of viewing the entire image. I thought this was a FireFox only problem till just now when I tried it in Safari. Both of my browsers are fully up to date and I have looked through pretty much all of the settings in FF (not Safari yet, will do that when I get back from work).

Is this something that can be fixed with a refresh of the CSS layout, a browser setting or am I just completely missing something?

Thanks to anyone that can give some assistance. When I get back from work ill toss up screen shots from both browsers to better illustrate what im seeing.

2. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

I changed my Forum Options to open the enlarged image in a new window.

User CP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options -> The Image Resizer -> Resize mode selection

3. Soulfly22583

Soulfly22583 What's a Dremel?

I just changed it to "Open In Same Window" and "LyteBox v3.22" and neither give me the view I am looking for.

Open In Same Window - simply opened the resized/full size image into the same tab
    LyteBox v3.22 - opened the image in a new window but was resized and not at full size like I was hoping for.

Can a mod confirm if horizontal scrolling is disabled or if not, how you can turn it on.

Thanks for the suggestions of where to play with the settings badders! :rock:

Last edited: 10 Dec 2009
  4. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I'd like to know what setting everyone else uses and what you all find to be the best. i had tried a few but couldn't see a difference on some of them and gave up.

5. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I have it set to open in a new window, and it does just that. If I click the bar at teh top of the resized image to show it full res, it pops up in a new window. Initially this will be sized to fit the window, but your cursor should be a magnifier tool which allows a full res view with horizontal scrolling.

You can also right click it and select View Image if you are still having trouble.

I'm using Firefox 3.5.5