1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hurricane Frances

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Audigy, 2 Sep 2004.

1. Audigy

Audigy What's a Dremel?

Ok guys im gonna die becuz of that damn hurricane :wallbash: , well i was just saying that are any of you in florida becuz im scared :waah: , ok bye guys i had a nice week here :waah: :waah:

2. [S]huttle

[S]huttle What's a Dremel?

Yep, I'm in Daytona Beach just 2 blocks from the ocean. We've got our house all boarded up and heading towards the Tampa area ! I'm not sticking around for this one not just cause of the wind speed but the storm surge. We stuck around for Charley a few weeks ago and still have a hole in our roof from him. I'm going to think positive about coming back to my house all in 1 piece, but it looks like the odds are going to be against us.... :waah:

Anyone who is going through this. All I have to say is the best off luck and stay SAFE !

3. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

I've been watching this storm approach and wondering how you all put up with hurricanes. Guess it's at cat 4 status now? Man, after that one a few weeks ago and now slammed with another... Good luck to all in it's path, stay safe and keep us informed! In addition, GET PICS! :)

Do other countries get the range of storms that the US does? I mean, hurricanes in the south-east, tornados in the mid-west, torrential rain in the north-west, desert conditions in the south-west and blizzards in the north-east...

4. [S]huttle

Yes, it's at a cat 4, but they said there is a good chance it could get to a small cat 5.. Right now the winds are at 140 mph sustained and 165 mph of wind gusts.

5. Audigy

Audigy What's a Dremel?

your lucky dude huttle becuz i cant find boards anywhere, my windows, all 12 of them, will be destroyed :waah:

But there is good news, i just saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to Gieco, not really its that i have house insurance :D

6. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Hurricanes are nothing. I was on vacation in Florida during hurricane Andrew.

7. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

Yeah here in Jacksonville all of the Home Depots and Lowes are out of plywood...getting truck loads in tomorrow morning. I got some 1 x 12s. I'll use them to board up some of the windows if need be and then after it's all over use them for shelves in the new shed I'm gonna build out back. Assuming there is still an out back... :worried:

I plan to stay here unless they start showing that Frances is gonna hit us here as a Cat 4. The area that I'm in is a good ways inland and not very low. The thing I'm worried most about right now is the wind. We'll see tomorrow if I change my mind about staying here.

8. Audigy

Audigy What's a Dremel?

looks like its gonna go a lil over cat 5 :worried: , it wont be as strong as Andrew, but its alot bigger, nearly 200 miles. Its gonna be in all of florida thats not pensacola when it hits, but i might be getting the eye and no windows on saturday, just destroyed glass all over everywhere :miffed:

9. Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn Another hated American.

My wife wanted to move to Florida because she has family there. These storms are the reason I am against it. I grew up in Kansas, so tornadoes are no biggy to me, but these damn hurricanes are alot bigger than a tornado and happen more frequently.

10. Audigy

Audigy What's a Dremel?

yea it definentely sux for those tampa citizens, 2 huge hurricanes in the matter of like 2-3 weeks, ouch :duh:

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Take it easy peeps. You could always move to the uk, worst weather we have here is a bad downpour :p :blush:

12. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

All I have to save is I hope you guys are safe, that's it.

13. [S]huttle

I'm going to take some pics of the ocean later today and tomorrow, and pics of the destruction it's gonna do after the hurricane. I decided to stay home here on beach side in Daytona and hold the fort down. I dont want to go to far from the our house because I don't know when they would let us back on beach side. But I told my wife to head to her families house over in the Tampa area. I will post pics if we still have electricity.

14. RepLiKa

RepLiKa What's a Dremel?

I love big storms in England
    Exciting imo :D