1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding I would like to round my IDE cables... but

Discussion in 'Modding' started by monkeyboy_zak, 17 Sep 2004.

1. monkeyboy_zak

monkeyboy_zak What's a Dremel?

I would like to round my IDE cables... but im very worried that somthing could go wrong :worried:

What precautions should I take and whats the worst thing that can happen to my pc?

2. GlassX

GlassX What's a Dremel?

Worst comes to worse you slash a cable and you start getting hard drive failures, but those are faily obvious so thats not a big problem. get a sharp razor, go slow and dont kink the cables it will be fine. I have rounded more than a dozen cables with no problem. Just look for any bare wires after you cut it.

3. evilstriker

evilstriker What's a Dremel?

I rounded my share of IDE cables and the task and long a hard hehe
    The thing with rounding IDE cables is if you cut the shielding then the cable either wont work or the transfer will be extremly bad

There is no real trick has to how to cut it. you just need a shark knife or cutting blade and take your time while cutting it.

If ever you do cut the shielding then What you can do is cover it with some electrical tape.

Once the cable is all striped then you can add some nice sleeving or tube to make it nice

But its alot of trouble to do and it mostlikly wont turn out as nice as the ones you will buy in the stores :)

have fun

4. epidemik

epidemik What's a Dremel?

just be really carefull when doing this.
    if i cut a wire ure bassically screwed.
    just use a VERY sharp razor :duh: