1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel hits CPU market share high

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Sep 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Kenny_McCormick

Kenny_McCormick Minimodder

They deserve their succes, but that worries me. I'd like to see AMD to be more competitive, or even a third company. Only a great company isn't good for customers.

3. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

The EU needs to look into this, start an EU based x86 processor company to compete with Intel and to a much less extent AMD

4. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

Software however thrives on a closed hardware system - OSX for example...

5. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Totaly agree with kenny

Also i think there needs to be a few more x86 licensees around if intel want to slow down the looming threat of parallel processing. Which you can get with windows 7 i believe, using an nvidia dx10 card.

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

0.9% drop on ARM processors? which smartphone maker is stupid enough to put a full x86 processor into their phone.

i think the only reason they seem to have improved market share is due to the high popularity of netbooks, helped a lot by the economic crisis.

7. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

to be honest I am surprised its so high considering how everything from intel has been so way over priced especially in the way this world economy has been, I know at my work where we build custom systems for people we sell about on average 8 out of 10 that are AMD rigs, we hardly sell Intel do to the much higher price difference. But ehh given what AMD has around the corner and how they have greatly improved their design I think they can only go up so it will be interesting when their next gen CPUs hit. :)

8. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Shouldn't that be i7?

Anyway, 80+ per cent is a damn big number! Some people at Intel must have sore shoulder blades from getting patted on the back too much.

9. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

yeah hour.. the bang for the buck comes when you oc intels desktop chips

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Precisely why I went for the E5200 in my last build, against my preference for AMD. 2.5ghz to 3.0ghz on a stock air cooler? Yes please.

Tags: Add Tags