Interesting LAN behavior

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by C-Sniper, 9 Aug 2008.

1. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Hi all,

I have a DFI, 790FX motherboard and i notice that whenever i wake it from sleep or just turn it on my LAN connection goes crazy with the cable being unplugged then plugged back in then unplugged (according to windows) when the thing has been plugged in the entire time. It will do this for about 1-5min before finally stabilizing out and staying connected. I have had problems with DFI motherboards in the past regarding the lan connections going out, but i have never sen something like this.

My current LAN is the on board Marvell 88E8053, This has pretty much happened since about 1 month after i got the motherboard.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

---edit---
    just updated the drivers and will test it with them.

2. Akava

Akava Lurking...

First thing i was going to say was check the drivers, then noticed the update, if its not them check the Mobo itself to ensure its not a brake in the connection to the mobo from the port i.e broken solder.

3. JamesCreese

JamesCreese What's a Dremel?

Does this happen with other devices on the network?

4. wsurritte

wsurritte What's a Dremel?

Is the connector attached to the cable securely?

5. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Drivers updated, no-dice, this does NOT happen with other devices on the network, and the connector is attached securely as i have tried this with other cables and it do the same thing. I am thinking that this is a hardware problem... so far DFI is 0/2 on good working boards. :grr: