1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Internet Archive hosts massive Infocom document trove

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 24 Nov 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Ah, I lost so much of my youth to Infocom games. I had the originals of so many of them - certainly most of the Zorks and Hitchhiker's - I wonder what happened to them all?

I remember when Infocom moved to graphical adventures, and so many people didn't like them because the graphics took away the element of imagination: try telling the youths of today that they had to read and imagine things to play a video game :lol:

I may not be doing any work for the rest of the day as I reminisce while looking through this archive ;) :thumb:

3. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Still remember the scratch'n'sniff card from Leather Goddesses of Phobos. Simply classic! :)

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I have two boxed copies of that - one for the C64 and one for the Atari ST (which I should probably get shot of, as I don't have an Atari ST any more). The scratch-n-sniff still whiffs!