1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Just a Q

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by corvette, 2 Jun 2004.

1. corvette

corvette What's a Dremel?

gday people i got asked to build sum speakers for a friend and he requested suttin i only ever seen on speakers built in the 80s

this little dial that changes the Hz rateing on the sub only thing is i dunno how these work

wondering if sum 1 can give me sum sort of info on these

2. Altron

Altron Minimodder

That's a variable crossover. Msot subwoofer plate amps have one on them. Something like this would power the sub with a variable crossover.

3. corvette

the funny thing is the old pair of speakers he had werent powered it just had this dial to change the Hz rateing thats it no extra power nothing

4. Sniper-X

Sniper-X What's a Dremel?

What brand of speaker and what kind of setup are you trying to put together...i wouldn't think that it would be to difficult just a passive variable resistor to change the amount of input would work but it wouldn't have a very broad range ...as least i wouldn't think it would

5. corvette

just a stereo setup ive told him not to bother with the whole dial thingy i gave him a kinda test and hes impressed with what i came up with for him

thanks for ya help anyway guys