1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux L7-filtering Easy?

Discussion in 'Software' started by LAGMonkey, 16 Aug 2008.

1. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

Since having a WRT-54G and using various third party firmwares (tomato, DD-WRT, OpenWRT etc.) ive really come to depend on the layer 7 filtering that is avaliable. Now that ive decided to move all my gateway and router needs from my 56g to a dedicated linux box so that i can combine everything together and have a file server and VPN facilities (im away from home alot) im having a hard time.

Ive currently got Clarkconnect installed on my system and its working, but to a point. Its useless at QoS and dosnt have the L7 that i want and currently i cant see any "easy" way of intergrating it (i r suck at linux).
    I was hoping that i could get ubuntu running but again there dosnt look like there is an easy web interface for L7.
    ive found a distro called "ebox" that looks promicing but from what i can tell they are still working on a L7 filter (with web interface).

Anyone got any ideas while i kick about the interweb trying to find somthing that will work? of course i have complicaed things by needing Samba shares as well for my shiney new 3 500GB HDDs (1TB total storage in RAID5).

regards,

EDIT::: its been a long time i know but i ended up using mastershaper 0.44 which uses IPtables2. It took a while to get up and running but its now done.

Last edited: 24 Jan 2009
  2. Fophillips

Fophillips What's a Dremel?

Tags: