Modding mx-700 reciver mod

Discussion in 'Modding' started by FILTHY1337, 30 Jul 2004.

1. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

i saw someone on this forum move the reviver to inside the case as its on a seperate pcb than the charger, i feel like a noob writing this but does anyone know were i can find this thread plz no one say :search: because i did

2. A13n0rma1

A13n0rma1 Wannabe

You mean they moved the charger inside the case?

Sounds cool. I wanna see/read about this :D

3. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Try searching for "MX700" instead of "MX-700". Or did you do that already? :D

4. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Don't know about anyone else, but I start having problems if the reciever is even slightly hidden. So if you're planning on hiding the reciever anywhere, makesure there's only plastic between you and it...
    As for guides, I don't remember seeing one, but you could try *very* carefully taking it apart and seeing what ideas you get. Be careful though.

5. A13n0rma1

A13n0rma1 Wannabe

What I was actually thinking of doing was having the receiver use an antenna then have a wire to charge my mouse.

I'm really bad about putting it in the charger and often put the AA batteries from my Remote Wonder in the mouse and putting the normal rechargables back in when I go to bed.

What I was thinking of doing was having a two conductor wire reach out to the mouse to charge the batteries I have in there.. but didn't realize the all two obvious problem of the mouse going into "charge mode" when I connected the wires. Heh.

Comparing my MX700 to the 5.25" bays on my case, looks like an inbuilt charger may be a dual bay solution.... Or it will use 2 3.5" bays juuuust right.

Maybe someone good with bondo or fiberglass could smoother the charger into the front of their case... THAT I would like to see.

6. Aa-chan

Aa-chan AA-CHAN

My receiver used to have a few problems, but since replacing the batteries in my keyboard, it is fine.

I think I've seen someone put the receiver inside a case before, but it was literally opening the casing and putting it inside a boc that sat in a drive bay.

7. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

8. YingKo

YingKo What's a Dremel?

Zapwizard is the one you are thinking of. Hit the link.

YingKo

9. Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn Another hated American.

Mount the receiver in the case, then mount the charger into your mouse pad like the guy on Hardocp.com and you'll be set. I would provide a link, but their forum is down at the moment.

10. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

thx alot i couldent find that link anywere :wallbash:
    actualy the reciver is going in my keyboard for a media center key board :naughty: the project log is in the works

Last edited: 31 Jul 2004
  11. YingKo

YingKo What's a Dremel?

No Problem. Enjoy.