Motherboards New motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DaveVader, 18 Nov 2008.

1. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

So it looks like I will be ordering a new motherboard tomorrow, I've got about £100 to spend so I'm going for the P45 chipset. It will be used with 800MHz RAM and an E8400, I will be overclocking as far as I can so stability with high volts and Hz is a must.
    The three main players for me are DFI, Gigabyte and Asus. I'm very tempted by the DFI Lanparty DK P45 T2RS but for £20 less there is the Gigabyte EP45 DS3L; and then finally there is the Asus P5Q Pro.

The reason I'm asking is mainly because I'm tight with my money :p. If I can get something for £80 that is just as good as something for £100 then I will chose the cheaper one even if it has less features. I'm not too bothered about features that don't really help with overclocking and the stuff I stated above.

I know DFI OC awesomely but I don't know if I can justify the price tag. Difficult decisions!

2. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

I have installed the P5Q Pro in a number of systems and it is a seriously impressive board, really nice to work with. Unless you are going to be seriously pushing your overclocking, I would go with the Asus.

3. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

I bought the Gigabyte, mainly for the price performance side of things. I'll tell you how I get on!