1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors New supercar. over 1000hp

Discussion in 'General' started by jaguarking11, 4 Dec 2005.

1. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

2. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Rather nice ;) Even the Aero isn't slow, Ultimate is a slight understatement.
    Love the Ultimate Warrenty ;P

3. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

i donno...at the cars there are ugly....just trying to hard to come up with new concepts...its like a fake gucchi bag.....you know it looks like a real supercar and just works just like the real supercar but know in ut heart that you have bought a cheap knock-off....

also just going fast in straight lines with 1000bhp isnt very usefull...i'd rather have half that power and can also turn corners at 100mph.

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Well said Atanium, although 1000+ bhp is a definate boasting point, the fastest A-B car would be better tbqfh.

5. atanum141

i seriously wonder whay the americans still think the more power makes a better car...it defines how fast it can go but i dont mean that its anygood. i remember when i went to LA many years ago...and my uncle bought a nice minivan aka mpv and it had a 3L V6 in a people carrier!...the car was well nice and smooth ride and what not but all that power was never used and it drank gas like thirsty gerorge best(i know bad joke)....i even saw a V12 merc sl600....those cars are ment for showing off how much money that person has not for how fast hes gonna drive down the highway....simply unnessary power...

i'd love to see a fast car with good economy and can go round corners.......OH wait!!! such cars DO exist and none of them have 1000bhp.

also just wondering.....ok so you buy one of those cars in those links...and you rev ur subsitute penis to see how it sounds.....with all that power can ANY of these cars actually transfer all if any of that power to the road...i doubt it..as non of them have a traction system of anykind nor the logical thinking of its designers thought of this prob as they were too busy trying to get 1000bhp from a ford/chevy/dodge v8/10 engine.

6. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

The point of any production car with a power rating approaching 1000bhp isn't to be fast around corners. The point is to make the most insanely powerful car they can.

Ferraris and Porsches are powerful and can go round corners at ridiculous speed, because that's what they're designed for.

I agree a lot of production cars now have unnecessarily powerful engines (what's with all these 200MPH luxury saloons?) but the whole point of a car like this Ultimate Aero is precisely to have unnecessary amounts of power. It's a big, daft, vulgar penis extension, but at least they're not trying to disguise it as anything other than that!

7. Fusen

Fusen What's a Dremel?

you reckon thats real? as buggatti spent a shitload trying to figure out how to get 1000bhp and still make it driveable, also they took years to figure out the aerodynamics... so I'm doubtful a little company could come up with a rival to the veyron just like that

8. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

I wonder how long it'll take for that to blow up. Call me weird, but I think the Bugatti Veyron looks nicer, not to mention better designed overall :worried:

Looking forward to seeing the Veyron on TG, actually :)

9. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

Fusen, who said it was driveable? ;)

10. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Same... Need ;)
    I've read some lovely reviews, just need to hear/watch it :D

11. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I'd like to see some road tests before we all judge it.
    1000BHP is very impressive though.

12. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

with 345 section tyres i reckon it can get lots of power to the road

traction control is for idiots

no the prettest is the heffner SRT-10

http://fast-autos.net/featurecars/heffnersrt10/index.html

fear the 1300hp on tesco 99Ron

13. Lost.Soul

Lost.Soul What's a Dremel?

It seems to me that 259 mph is a ********, but who knows...? I think the "fastest certified sportcar" is a Techart Porsche GT2 with a 241 mph run on Nardo speed circuit about a half year ago...

14. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

anyone else notice that? not from your local sainsburys petrol station then

15. jaguarking11

Who gave you the idea that it dosent handle? The car is built rite. Shelby designed and built it. It will handle as well as any of the other supercars around. 1000hp too mutch you say? I think so too. But its fun. And just because its american dosent mean it dosent handle. Ou guys ever seem to get it. The vettes at 24hr at lemans dominate more often than not. And those are muscle cars with some loving based on the c5zo6 and thec6z06.

MR shelby knew what he was doing 50 years ago and trust me he knows what hes doing now.

And the whole thing about that car is its a production car not a hoped up production car. Meaning it comes from the factory like that. There are 2000hp vettes that pull better 1/4mile times from tuners like lingenfelter and the rest but its not a production car now is it?

And that engine is more than capable of producing that mutch power and be reliable.

Geez such short minded people. Next time ill think twice about sharing such a thing.

16. jaguarking11

Ur kidding rite? ford/dodge/chevy engines hae been producing well over 1000hp and still be reliable since the 60's. Ive seen unrestored dragsters that ran for 25years competition producing in the 1000hp range fro the 60's still fire up and run today. You see 1000hp and you think very high reving engine. I see 1000hp and see a very tourqy engine. It makes 1000hp because it produces well over 800lb of tourque at 6200rpm. Thats a stock honda motor coming close to redline. At 7200rpm redline that thing is making over 1000hp but the tourque is flat. Its unly pushing 14psi on the engine as well. That is one hell of a tune since most chevy/dodge/ford engines will handle close to 10psi on stock internals.

I think if they regear it it will do over 250mph. It has enough tourque to skip the first 3gears and still make some hell of smoke.

As for the 104octane gass? Ur rite its racing gass but nothing extraordinary. Ive seen 130octane gass cars run as well

17. Lynx

Lynx What's a Dremel?

That is if it doesnt take off first. The biggest problem when you go above 150mph is aerodynamics. Not the drag but the desire for the thing to become air born.

Lets just say I dont want to be in that car if it goes anywhere near 200mph.

18. atanum141

i still think its atill a load of rubbish....ok its got a oldskool engine with special petrol and designed by shelby!!....if hes so great then why does his cobra car's have so many fatilities/crashes??.....

i'd never buy an american supercar.....if i had the money tho.....if i were to choose between those fake supercars on the links...versus a souped-up nissan skyline GTR-vspec2....i would hands down take the nissan.

the only trually american supercar i can think of buying is a Ford GT40/90....

19. finboz

finboz What's a Dremel?

it looks very outdated a bit 80's imo.

20. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

whoa slow down there boy. do not EVER mock the man Carroll Shelby(and remember kiddies AC cars designed the chassis)

how are the S7 or Shelby cars fake? no Steve seleen doesn't exist nor saleen motorcars co
    its just a con

so you mock the new Shelby but you'd like a 40 year old car which is fed through massive carbs? hello thar captain consistency(and since you don't know. the GT40 was designed by lola)

Tags: