1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nintendo reveal Wii U specs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Jun 2011.

1. Psy-UK

Psy-UK What's a Dremel?

Hope not. Else my computer really is showing it's age! :((

2. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

dont mean to be rude to the people that worked on this because they obviously just follow orders from the higher ups...

but this is controller is CRAP!

3. DrTiCool

DrTiCool Minimodder

this and Linux support would be great HTPC

4. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

As is your use of the word "is".

But I digress. It's a new type of controller or don't you get it? Have a look at the hide and seek game demo'd on the nintendo site. One person "hiding" using the screen on the u controller. Another four using wii controllers / quad-split screen to chase them down.

That's not something that's been done before on a single console. Give them some credit for that.

5. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

It is an AMD gpu.

Rumour has it AMD will be in the next gen Xbox and Sony.

6. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Have you seen the videos? A lot of the games they are pushing on U are mainstream FPSs.

It's a controller that's got the motion control from the wii, the buttons and analog sticks from xbox/ps3, the touch screen from a tablet and the stylus input from the DS. Nobody's saying you're supposed to use them all simultaneously.

7. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

The videos that Nintendo have admitted are from PS3/360s?Ooops.

8. coolius

coolius What's a Dremel?

Depends what videos you are talking about. If you mean the gameplay footage of the upcoming games then yes those were made with PS3/Xbox 360; but if you mean the tech demo gameplay videos then those were done with the Wii U.

9. Haphestus

Haphestus ....the folding under dog

**** specs, but will sell millions.

I never got Nintendo anyway but someone obviously does. -.-

10. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

No thanks! That's a massive controller. Seems their shares have taken a beating. Investors aren't happy!

11. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

12. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

hehehe mate you got it totally and hilariously wrong :)

the litle "handheld" you see there its the controller, not the console, you are supose to see complement info on the controller screen to interact with the game being played on your tv :)

for example thinking fast here, the cockpit info of the aircraft in air battle sim or something, or just having your items there for a rpg :)

13. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Propriety disc (just like the Wii), will not play DVD or BR (just like the Wii) as they feel the license fees would push the cost up higher. On another note, I don't think it's GC compatable either (which is a shame, I still play GC games using the Wavebird controllers).

14. Toploaded

Toploaded What's a Dremel?

Wait, you can only use one touch controller with the console at any one time? Well, that's kinda lame in regards to it's multiplayer potential, I was imagining a situation where two people could play Mario kart with their own screen each.

15. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Yes, the rather uninspiring tech demo was on the WiiU. But viewers are surely more interested in game footage...which was off the PS3/360 instead. Without anything saying that it was, so people would assume it's off the WiiU.

16. Scarlet0pimp

Scarlet0pimp What's a Dremel?

I saw a photo of a document with the tech specs.

Quad core IBM power PC at 3.5 GHZ on a 32nm process

GPU was ati rv770 if I remember correctly which is 4850

So not to bad should be much better than xbox/ps3 , then it should after 5 years.

Cant remember where I saw that leaked picture though.

17. Narishma

Narishma What's a Dremel?

That "document" is fake. It contradicts itself in many places. Nobody really knows anything about it. Everything you've heard are unsubstantiated rumours or fanboy fantasies. And don't expect Nintendo to confirm anything, they haven't revealed the specs of their consoles since the Gamecube days. Everything we know about them was leaked by 3rd party developers or by hackers.

18. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Doesn't support Gamecube controllers? Final nail in the coffin.

I own a Wii and only have the one Wiimote because it was included and is required to launch games. Buying a Wii U and wanting to play with friends would require buying at least two more controllers, a total of four more if I wanted all classic controllers (which still aren't as good as Gamecube controllers).

19. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

My concern is that controller has Motion ability, like a Wii-mote.

Anyone else consider that a REALLY REALLY bad idea? The Wiimote was bad enough, at least it would Bouce off some things! That's going to be a several pound projectile of DEATH! Caving in televisions, skulls and small animals alike!

20. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

My thoughts exactly. Nintendo has fallen so far behind XBox and PS3 in graphics and quality in exchange for their gimmicky motion crap, which now both Sony and M$ also have so there goes the advantage...

Tags: Add Tags