1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nintendo takes credit for US industry growth

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 13 Feb 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Yup! Meeting all those casual needs :thumb:

3. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

And you guys say Sony got arrogant lol. This almost tops it (but not by much). Just report your sales figures, this aint the early 90's anymore Nintendo.

4. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

I hear "Please don't sell your stock! We're valuable!" coming from between the lines.

5. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I doubt the press release had much to do with Miyamoto....
    Regardless, boasting doesn't befit anyone, least of all a corporation. The only thing Nintendo has going for it at the moment is the DS imo, nothing worth bothering with on the wii.
    Bah, this whole news story annoys me. What did they expect to gain from such an arrogant press release?

6. hodgy100

hodgy100 Minimodder

"Half of the top ten videogames sold last year were Nintendo's first-party titles, such as Wii Fit and Super Mario Galaxy."

Both of which are old releases! So tell me Nintendo what good games do you have planned for release this year?

7. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

Of course it benefits them! That's what the price of stocks is mostly based on. If people think a company is gonna make money, they invest in them so they can get a share of those profits. Boasting about you're previous performance is a huge part of that.

8. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Nintendo should remember how quickly it can fall from the top, they should know from experience. Silly when corporations like MS, SONY and now Nintendo act like whiney children, do you see GM and toyota sparring in the press all the time, yikes.

9. Burdman27911

Burdman27911 What's a Dremel?

The consumer electronics industry is very different from the automotive. I think the average age and attitude of their consumers can add to their seemingly apparent need to boast. It reminds me of the way some motherboards and graphics card are named and marketed now, not the same professional/objective way things seemed to be done in the past. Anyway, I don't think all of that really gives them an excuse to attempt to take credit for the advancement of an entire industry.

10. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Food before pleasure!

What do all those in the entertainment industry not understand about that? They all are acting pathetic. Like people care about games ,dvd's and cd's. No they are not, they care about food on the table and their jobs.

Morons..

Tags: Add Tags