1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – Complete Project Reversed Gaming Build by JejeLaPelle

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by JejeLaPelle, 3 Jul 2017.

1. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Loooooovely. :D Acid trip unicorn mode and all. -You guys gotta quit wasting good project names like that.
    It will likely continue to seep, and it will do it somewhere where you can't see it. Since it's outside the O-ring, water has probably seeped down the outside of the channel to the bottom. The important thing is there's nothing electronic under it. :thumb:
    I have an ongoing leak in an older rig. I go 6 months with nothing, and then suddenly there will be a few drops.

2. JejeLaPelle

JejeLaPelle What's a Dremel?

Thanks!

The small drop seeped down as you say, and there is no eletronic under :cooldude:.
    But it was a really small quantity (not a drop, less than that) and now, there is no more leak, i can see the whole seal and around, there is nothing!

3. ratzofftoya

ratzofftoya What's a Dremel?

So fantastic! Wow!

2 questions for you, if you don't mind answering, on the custom water channel/reservoir:

1.)Why use screws rather than some sort of adhesive?
    2.)Can you describe how you made the seal groove and where that goes in relation to the channel?

Thanks, and thanks for the inspiring work.

4. JejeLaPelle

Hello, and thanks!

Why screws? because unlike the adhesive, you can dismount your piece to clean it.

Here is the way it work for the seal :

[​IMG]

The blue is the seal and black is the acrylic.

In the middle you have your channel, and beside, the seal groove, and after that (i did not draw them) the screws. The groove is made by milling.

Obviously, you have an other plate, pressing the seal by tightening the screws.

5. JejeLaPelle

Hello everyone!

Here is the post with the finals picts, but first, i'll show you some little things!

First, those two printed plates :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I thought putting it under the mother board. But it will be too much...

Then, the back of the mod :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the panel is not screwed one the photo. It is now!
    I add to the SSD a plate with covering and a 3d printed logo of Corsair.

Now, what you are looking for i think :

Unicorn one :

[​IMG]

Red one :

[​IMG]

Blue one :

[​IMG]

White one :

[​IMG]

Pink one :

[​IMG]

Purple/yellow :

[​IMG]

Christmas one :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(AT-AT is because i'm going to watch Star Wars in 2 hours!)

And the final one is my choice for everyday, blue/orange :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the reservoir, without and with lightning :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The lightning effect here is not as expected, the channel acrylic plates are way better for lightning effects.

And now off :

[​IMG]

I hope you liked it.

The workblog will be finished soon, after a big update of the first post. I should do it before the next two weeks.

Bye!

6. JejeLaPelle

Hello there...

After two weeks.... And three months... Here is the end of this project.

There is a good reason for this delay... Asus ROG France

In early december, they told me that they had an answer for my sponsoring request, but they had to wait mid/late january to have budget. So i wait, if they were supporting, i would have to change a lot of things in workblog.

And i wait, and again. No answer, except "we have a lot of request, be patient".

This not a big deal, the mod is really working well, and Asus stuff is incredible, but Asus ROG France are not efficient at all, com service is ridiculous compared to german/british one.

I updated the first post, the main interest was to put some numbers, mainly the 450hours of work needed to achieve this project (only in realisation).

So again, thanks for following

A big thanks to EKWB, Atila (from EKWB), CORSAIR, Silvin (my mate who learn me how to mill my acrylic, help me with 3D printing ect....), my wife (because she did not killed me for building this PC while she was awaiting our child).

I'll be back soon with a small project called Symbiose (HTPC in a In Win Chopin case) bye!

Maki role likes this.