1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Scammers busted with over $2.1bn in fake cheques

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 4 Oct 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Score one for the US government doing the right thing for a change :D

3. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

I think it's great that the nigerian government is finally doing something about the scammers living there. They're an absolute nuisance on ebay, i've recently had to relist the same laptop three times before someone that didn't want it to be shipped to nigeria paid for it :duh:

4. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

It was on the news this morning that the UK with help of the Nigerian government made a bust in Nigeria and found thousands of fake cheques and UK postal orders.

The bust also discovered their new scams. They are now targeting dating agencies, a British bloke admitted on TV that he got scammed out of £12k. It was by, what he thought was a women who he hadn’t even met, and was actually a Nigerian Man.

I don’t get how a bloke hands over cash to what they believe is a foreign woman without even meeting them. £12k is allot of money, what was this Nigerian bloke telling him to get £12k???

Last edited: 4 Oct 2007
  5. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

:hehe: Made me chuckle

6. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

oops :)

7. naokaji

naokaji whatever

the funny thing is that someone who isnt completly retarded dosnt give out 12k£ (hell, not even 12£) to someone he doesnt know nor give his bank details to some random stranger who promises to give him money....

same goes for the phishing shite with online banking, ebay, paypal.... dont give out your info to anyone you cant trust and your pretty much safe....

its so easy... but some people always fall for it...

8. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

I Lol'ed IRL when the guy was actually on the news, i mean, if it was me, i would feel so stupid, so absolutely retarded that I would be totally ashamed to have my face put on telly for this

9. Wugger

Wugger What's a Dremel?

Tags: Add Tags