1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Shadow Warrior 2 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 13 Oct 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

I do wish you lot would bring back a summary score. I rarely read your game reviews now because of it. Bit-tech isn't the only review site on the internet, so like most people I read two or three reviews to get a breadth of opinion. I like to know what people liked about it, and what they didn't; A score is a good indicator of whether it'll include positive or negative opinions in a wall of text and whether I want to include that review in my samples...but since bit-tech reviews don't have one, they don't get read.

3. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Good review Jake, thanks. I'll be picking this up on Steam after work now :)

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I look forward to playing this but have Deus Ex to work through! The 2013 reboot is a fantastic game that was overlooked IMO.

70%. Happy now?

5. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

It's a 7/10 game.

Actually your comment did make me see that I'd forgotten to include the Recommended award that Jake mentioned. Bad editor! Added in now.

Still, if that's your process for reading reviews (skip to end, guess how review will read based on score, then decide whether to read or not), you can see our awards structure here. If you read those descriptions, then you can tell how a review is likely to read by the award it has or even if it doesn't have an award.

Just for you, let's say Bin games are sub-20%, no award games would be 20-70%, a Recommended would mean 70-80%, Excellent 80-90% and Outstanding 90-100%. That's numberwang!

6. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

I do miss the reviews of old where performance was benchmarked.

Also surprised there was no mention the game lacks any form of DRM? In this day where there is so much copy protection being used to try and thwart pirates and on occasion inconvenience people who purchase it legitimately, a dev should be praised for the lack of using DRM.

I have seen it mentioned on other sites people willing to buy the game to support the studio as they like the stance on no DRM while not wishing to play the game.

Kimbie

Tags: Add Tags