1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays So you have bought an Oculus Rift?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kronos, 6 Mar 2018.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Before I spend money can you guys recommend some freebies to whet my appetite. I was impressed with the demo especially the bit where I was looking down a long way, that was a bit scary?

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Dear Angelica was the best thing I witnessed on Rift, and it was free. It was absolutely beautiful and very convincing. I was actually sniffing at it and everything lmao.

Edit in. I am still waiting for controller support for FO4 VR, which apparently is amazing on Rift. However, without the motion controls it doesn't work.. I did manage to find a *cough* version and had a look and it looked incredible, however I was only able to look around the room and not move.

I have been hawking Google ever since launch and apparently some one called Jess posted (from Bethesda) saying they were adding controller support.

I hope so, because it could literally become the game of my life. Even on my DK2 it looked fantastic, but I am not playing it standing up waving my arms around breaking things.

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Install Steam VR from the steam app, and then search VR games, there are hundreds of free ones to try out.

Make sure to allow unknown sources in the Oculus app. :)

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Will do, though I had totally forgotten about Steam VR so thanks for the reminder.
    Have you got any recommendations, scary is good?

5. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Scary? Buy Affected The Manor, it's about £5 if I remember rightly in the Oculus store. I'm sure you will crap your pants in that one! My mother did! Watch the clip below. Haha :D
    Paranormal Activity is good, but as for a free one, The bellows is good on Steam.

6. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Bookmarked thanks.