1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TVs SPEC Me UP!!!! 360+HDTV...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by keef247, 16 Nov 2007.

1. keef247

keef247 Modder

Right my nice 28inch crt tv has just melted itself and as I only paid 25quid for it and want Hi Def I can't see sense in fixing it...
    Im on a tight budget of £680 quid thats IT! I get paid in 2weeks but I cba to wait tbh...
    I currently sit... roughly 7-8feet away from the tv so what size would you recommend? 37/40? and I'd want an LCD right?
    would like the best performance I can get obviously but I'm not sure IF I'm gonna really need 1080p/i? would a nice 720p be good enough I mean this has to last because I'm not planning upgrading for a longtime once I get this setup...
    If I ran 720 instead of 1080 would it look crap on my 37/40inch or is the 1080 just making sure there's enough quality to show the picture clear and vividly without making it pixelated?
    I've no idea!

So what I want to know is.... UK only sites.... Best deal for a 360 Elite+skate/bioshock pack? and what tv to get and use with this...
    I'd like links please to direct places to buy both...

sorry this is so comfusing I'm just abit shocked my tv's gone and trying to think fast and cease the oppertunity...
    so 37/40inch?which would be better to be using for gaming/movies 7/8feet away?
    my total budget is 680 and that's everything I've got left lol!

cheers for all your suggestions guys.

PS...

well i figured a elite to avoiding getting screwed over with a faulty one 6months along the line like everyone seems to be experiencing. I'm a 360 novice to be honest mate... so if i can get the normal model that has been revised and works? should i or is my best bet the elite?
    will i need 120gb? hear gta is going to have some kind of install isn't it hence why their holding it back and all?

I know this sounds very stupid but would you say I'm doing the right thing going for 360 not ps3? I LOVE GT/GTA/MGS for a start so I'll be missing out on that but I'm not sure the ps3 has the other games I want released on it? Assassins Creed/BioShock? I know skate's on it...?
    I really want GT5 and the new metal gear so am i making a mistake do you think?
    and will a new 360 be reliable? and can i get a bigger hd later along the line?
    cheers for any thoughts on this

Last edited: 16 Nov 2007
  2. ralph.pickering

ralph.pickering What's a Dremel?

37/40 : literally 3 inches in it... I can't see it would make a difference myself.
    1080p: your budget doesn't really stretch to a decent full HD set. You could maybe get a cheap LG at the price but you'd be doing yourself a disservice. Just get a good brand 720p telly.

Check out www.flattelly.co.uk - I just bought a Pioneer 50" plasma for my company's boardroom through them and the service was swift and professional. No complaints. I hadn't heard of them before, but a search of the internet didn't throw up any concerns.

Consoles... not a clue. I've heard MS have sorted out the overheating, but that's it.

3. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

A 1080p screen would obviously be preferable... and they're continually dropping in price these days.
    Whether you'll be able to afford one plus a 360 on your budget, is another matter though?

However... the 360 still looks good on a 1080i screen, so just get as big a (32"+/LCD) screen as you can afford, after you've budgeted for your 360 ;)

As for the "best/cheapest" places from which to get either? You'll undoubtedly find exactly the same sites/prices as us - in Google :D
    Check the more obvious sources first - i.e. high street stores like Curry's/Dixons/Argos etc... then just Google/shop around to compare prices :idea:

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

2407 + Elite.

Job done.

5. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

He wants a HDTV Doug... not a [HD] TFT :idea:

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

It is a TV, composite, component, s-video, VGA and DVI+HDCP

Does everything I need it to as a TV

7. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

Well I was in a similar problem a while back and I settled for a Samsung 32" R8B LCD TV and I'm suaully 8 feet away from it. I suppose 37" to 40" could be possible but you'd probably find it helpful to sit in front of one at a shop and see how it feels before spending extra and finding that it's too big (if that's the case). The particular LCD TV I got is only 720p but since there isn't any input that's HD for moi, I saw no need to jump to 1080p :) If you're planning to watch HD video or TV then obviously you'd probably want 1080p!

Tags: