1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News SSD users report widespread data loss

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 1 Sep 2011.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yes, because the WD VelociRaptor represents real value for money doesn't it? :eyebrow:

Experimental technology?

"Troll, or just really stupid?"

2. mat0tam

mat0tam Mr I Dont Know What I Want

Personal preference?

3. Roskoken

Roskoken What's a Dremel?

Compared to an SSD, yip.

And it only took one small quip from me about there cost and un reliability for you to resort to personal attacks :(.

Keep reaching for that rainbow fanboy.

4. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Chill out guys - this is a community, not a ring. :thumb:

IMO saying "velociraptors are better value than SSDs" is stating the obvious - ALL mechanical HDDs are better value than SSDs, whether they have 10K RPM or not... but that's missing the point. People don't buy SSDs for value; they buy them for performance.

As for velociraptors, they are the hasbeens of the storage world - they still cost a fortune compared to other HDDs, can't touch SSD performance, and aren't a great deal faster than the best 7200rpm drives; I can't think why WD decided to relaunch them at a time when the SSD market is burgeoning...

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

And yet, you figure paying four times the cost of a bigger drive for a 10 percent speed bump is worthwhile?

Next time you decide to do a spot of trolling, have the good grace not to bleat about being attacked because of it. :rolleyes:

I'm the fanboy? I'm not scrambling to justify spending a stupid sum for minimal gain; but whatever keeps you warm at night.

I know, it's a rare lapse - I haven't fed a troll in a while.

Last edited: 5 Sep 2011
    LennyRhys likes this.
Tags: Add Tags