1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education What's Your IQ?

Discussion in 'General' started by KidMod-Southpaw, 15 Jun 2011.

1. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

yeah, kayin has taken a real test... all online IQ tests are fake. They must be given timed by a procter and even then as others have mentioned it is not all that difficult to train yourself to be better at them.

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

My one was more lacking in common sense!

I'd had a crash due to a stealthy oil patch the day before and it had nudged the back wheel so it was rubbing on the frame (which I didn't notice at the time). I was rushing around the next day and noticed, whilst cycling along a flat bit of road, that there seemed to be a bit more friction than normal and so looked down at the tyre and saw it was out of alignment. Looking back up...I went straight into the back of an unoccupied, parked white van. Somehow I fell so that I ended up sitting on the kerb with the bike beside me. I started laughing at my own stupidity, which garnered a few odd looks from passer-bys (it was around four in the afternoon).

3. Canon

Canon Reformed

Massive.

4. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

The Morrisby Profile worked it out at 133 for me when i was 14. A later test showed me to have it at 178 but i have no idea of the validity of, or indeed which, test it was.

I'd be interested to try the proper MENSA or WASP tests though, anywhere it can be done without costing?

5. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

I took a basic one (albeit administered by the college psychologist / therapist) a while back, after suspecting that I have ADHD. Came out with something like a 127, iirc.

I really should follow up that ADHD thing. The lady at college told me to talk to my doctor, and my doctor at the time told me he had nowhere to refer me. Still kinda in limbo about the whole thing. The lady at the college, however, said I likely do have ADHD.

Hrm.

Anyone know what I should do about that? It'd be nice to know, maybe get it under control if that is the case.

6. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I don't think there's anything you need to do to be honest. You have a brilliant outlet with playing guitar. I've often though that i might have something akin to ADHD but in a far lesser state, i've controlled this by almost forcing myself down a slightly ODC path to balance the two. Just little things with it (every DVD,game,book all in alphabetical/chronological order. PC area immaculate at all times. Guitars cleaned to within an inch of their lives every time i change strings etc. etc.)

It's just something that worked for me since the actual diagnosis was ambiguous at best. It sounds like yours is too so you'd push yourself to be aware of it at all times and make yourself do things to counteract it.

Like i said, find what works for you. Even try a completely new hobby of which you have no knowledge whatsoever, this will give a massive amount of scope to be busy.

7. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

Honestly? I've never felt able to focus, except in things I enjoy.

Take, for example, guitar playing. First month was painful and frustrating, but as soon as something clicked, I started enjoying it, and my attention span for the guitar grew massive.

But if I don't enjoy something, I tend to lose focus. English lessons, for example. I think I am a pretty good writer. I do some random creative stuff, and I am currently planning a guitar-based blog / freelance column (if I can sell it). But English lessons were dull and I did badly in that class. Same for Biology, but not Chemistry and Physics. Very true for Mathematics, and History may as well have been "stare out of the window" time.

Add to that a complete inability to get anywhere on time, easy distractedness, inability to stay still... ever, the need to actually force myself to focus on unpleasant things, and my horrible short (and long) term memory... I think you can see where I think there may be a slight problem.

(Humourous addition: I ended up spending 10 minutes of writing this post staring at the wall, trying like hell to remember one of the problems I struggle with. Guess which one it was?)

((If you guessed the bit about bad memory, you were right. >.>))

8. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I had a test once dont think it was a IQ test though but I was certified lol

Last edited: 15 Jun 2011
  9. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Whenever I hear someone say, "I'm not 'book' smart, I'm 'street' smart" what I hear is "I'm not 'real' smart, I'm 'pretend' smart."

[/TROLLFACE]

10. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I remember back in elementary school I was tested a lot. In grade 2 I was doing grade 8 level math, but they wouldn't let me continue because I got upset that they wouldn't teach me more. I was also tested at a high school reading level at that same age as well.

Idiot teachers wouldn't let me learn more and advance at the level I was at. They tested me on all that stuff then refused to let me continue and kept me at my grade level and ruined any motivation and ambition I had for school.

I did do the Raven IQ test around a year ago. Got 100% and scored 140.

Wouldn't mind doing the MENSA test but it costs quite a bit of money and I don't think its worth it.

11. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Hahaha well street smart I mean in common sense and under pressure. It's not heres your problem and you have an hour to fix it, it's OH **** WTF HAPPENED FIX IT NOW!

Also, I'd say I have enough "book" smarts since I seem to be over all my class averages and "street" smart because I've got some hands on experience with all sorts of stuff and I can deal with real work situations. Maybe I'm just using that figure of speech wrong?

12. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

You're looking for applicability of information.

Common sense is neither common nor does it make sense. You're looking for "It's not what you know, it's how you use it"-which is eminently true. Plenty of people know lots of neat info, but have no idea how to apply it in real life. Therefore, their knowledge is essentially useless and life tramples on them.

13. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

LOUD NOISES.

14. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I was showing off once and ate some of the stuff that comes in those little packets marked "DO NOT EAT" that you get with new shoes and such.

15. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Serial killers are often found to have high IQs. Just sayin.

16. The Toy

The Toy The Ticking Time-Bomb

Come on Bit-tech forums, you're better than this thread.

17. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I've been Mensa since 1970. Still doesn't help newly single guys get laid.

18. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

John, I absolutely believe you're Mensa material. However, when you're not white and taking a test that is HARD slanted to WASPs, it gets to be a slap in the face. Hence my not joining.

19. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Dude, apply that Mensa brain correctly :duh:

A girl doesn't want a physics or chemistry lecture, she wants romance.
    Sir Hanlon not know this :confused:

A new girl is like a new motor. They need to be lubed up, slowly cranked over just a tad, more lube, more cranking and lube, and then you can fire her up, listen to her purr for a bit... and once she's warmed up you can start to make her roar :naughty:

Once she's your girl, then she's like a run in motor. Anywhere, anytime, just warm her up a tad and she'll love some piston pumping action :D

20. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I lap danced her and she's mine forever now! Total OMG moment. :jawdrop: Sry, it came out of nowhere but DAMN did it work. Shirt off, nuzzled her face to my chest. Laughed for bleeding hours!

You are only as old as the woman you feel. Wait, that came out wrong.

john

C-Sniper likes this.