1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding which case do you want for christmas

Discussion in 'Modding' started by UNO, 15 Nov 2003.

1. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

If i could have any case id go for the Heavy metal one O my god that rocks.

come on the ****er has wheels and creates crop circles that thing was the dogs bolex it pisses all over any mod done to date. I loved it and so want one :D

or i'd settle for the big Zalman thing you know the passive beast id slaps some serais watercooling in that ****er :D o yeah

2. UNO

UNO What's a Dremel?

just out of curiosity do you people not know what post likks and pictures please means :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

3. Zeke_D

Zeke_D What's a Dremel?

The scorpio case you posted is my favorite UNO, well in yellow. Sorry again UNO, I looked at hundreds of cases over the last few hours and didn't like a dang one of them. I am in the mood for fins like on the batmobile, bubble semi transparent doors and windows, chromed jet intakes on the front, curves like a plump womans rump (and other articulations). The ticky tacky selection of cases is very non-imaginative. These are obviously the model-T days of PC cases, blocky, functional, UGLY, UGLY, UGLY cases. Zero sex appeal.

I honestly tried to find something to add to your thread but instead found myself disgusted with the commercial offerings. I just ordered a tub of oven bake polymer clay so I can satisfy my senses. Merry Christmas. Better luck from the other folks.

4. Dremel

Dremel What's a Dremel?

A black wave master has no sex appeal come on...

5. WizardLock

WizardLock What's a Dremel?

Whats a likks?

6. PhatMatt

PhatMatt What's a Dremel?

I dont even think that a lot of modding could save that case. IMHO, its the case for wannabe modders or the "1337" gamers.

7. UNO

UNO What's a Dremel?

8. HQ08-Modder

HQ08-Modder What's a Dremel?

9. borumas

borumas What's a Dremel?

I'd love to get one of these:
    [​IMG]
    It is only $89 at Newegg, a Kingwin case made of aluminum and appears to meet all those rquirments. Like DRxAndy I would love to finish my project case before Xmas as well, here are a few pics of it:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. -Xp-

-Xp- Minimodder

Chieftec BX...

[​IMG]

It just looks so sweet...in 64 different styles :D

11. DomA

DomA What's a Dremel?

12. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

So while I was thinking about a case that I would like to have I came up with a killer idea for a mini-itx mod.
    The Vacuum Tube PC
    I like the sound of it. Although chances are I'll have to find something relatively ancient to be big enough, and I'll probably never do it.

Anywho, I'd love to get my hands on a vapochill system, just to toy with it.
    As far as design goes, I'd have to say that most cases I see on the market are rather unappealing to your average pretty computer user/builder/programmer.
    But hey, I guess thats why the dremel was created :dremel: :D

13. Zeke_D

Zeke_D What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

borumas, I modded your picture with an example of curves, jet intakes and fins that I want on my christmas case. I hope this experiment works out.

I got my Sculpy oven bake polymer clay but it is too soft to do large peices without a support frame so I'll do a wire mesh body around my drive cage and power supply. I gotta do it in four sections so I can fit them in my oven, then I'll assemble it after it is baked and hardened. I've done minor bits with bondo and never worked with fiberglass and hope this method will turn out to be an easy way to get the designs I want for Christmas.

Goin to put the mobo in a flat base and have everything else above. Want MASSIVE airflow over the CPU.

Ho, ho , ho UNO. Have we broke your brain on this thread yet? :lol:

14. Lord Kordir

Lord Kordir What's a Dremel?

Now that's what I call a fugly case, even if it isn't real.....YET!

15. Zeke_D

Zeke_D What's a Dremel?

Smile! Try to think outside the box. Rather do something unique than to put lipstick on a pig. :)