1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Adobe launches Flash 10

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Oct 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Well, apart from the fact that Silverlight has been foisted on the unaware, courtesy of Microsoft Update, do any websites actually use it in preference to Flash?

I think MS are probably too late to the table to capture any major share of the market, surely?

3. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Can't say i've ever stumbled across a silverlight site.

I just hope flash block won't have to be updated or will be updated quickly. I haven't even got it installed on ff my work machine IE has it installed so if i need flash i switch to ie tab and at home i run flash block and very rarely allow anything.

4. NeedlesKane

NeedlesKane You're a Dremel

They managed to get rid of netscape didnt they? how do we know they wont pull some stupid stunt again. bah ignore me, im just a flash hater...

5. Crunch77

Crunch77 What's a Dremel?

Hoping to see some improvements with ver 10. Seen several machines with heavy cpu usage with flash 9 and beta 10. Main rig is fine though.

6. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

One of the American news networks were using silverlight for their Olympic coverage, never used it myself...

7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

One of my aunties friends got married in Vegas, part of the hotels wedding package (The Belargio I think) included having the marriage ceremony being filmed and streamed on the hotels website for relatives/friends who couldn't attend and that used Silverlight (hadn't even heard of it before that).

8. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

lol its funny how evrybody that posted here including myself read the news immediately wanna comment on silverlight instead of the new flash..

but yes indeed... MS has a long way to go to compete with Flash...

as for instaling it on my own pc, of course, flash one of the first thing i installed in my computer and all computer in the office.... some part of corporate sites in the IT field required flash... some workspace seriously can't run without flash....

...so hate it as much as u want, but it's here to stay.

9. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

flash needs CPU cut down when rendering things like shaders {try http://www.speedtest.net on Firefox 3.0 i find does not matter what cpu you got (2.0 is ok unless the pc is slow) or an slow computer or no video driver installed you get my point }

10. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

As long as i can block it im okay with it.
    And Bit is on my whitelist. Alltho the ads are seldom applicable to my country.

11. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I wonder if the Linux client will WORK anything like the Windows one? Maybe some z-ordering fixes? Stop crashing every 15 mins? Actually play audio nicely? Not lag severely? Buffer properly?

You know, minor improvements...

Tags: Add Tags