1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware AMD's 780G integrated graphics chipset

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 4 Mar 2008.

1. Renoir

Renoir What's a Dremel?

Doesn't the 690G support 2 digital outs at a time? ISTR it being one of the big selling points

2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Thought I'd drag this up from the past, should probably start a new post, Hmm dunno, anyway I have finally moved to this chipset from a 690G bought the hardware not long after the review but it took a while for notebook BD drives to come down to a level I was willing to pay, and even then it was months before I could be arsed :lol: my HTPC resides in a Silverstone LC19 and I like it, didn't want a bigger case just because of the BDROM.

Anyway back to the point of my post, in this article it says there are options in PowerDVD and Catalyst control centre to improve quality but I can't see them, whilst using the hardware acceleration it appears most options are greyed out for quality improvements in PDVD, where should I be looking to tweak? I am not too familiar with ATIs CCC either what do you tweak for quality in there?

Playback of my Bluray discs is very good on the HTPC but the IQ is quite noisy compared to my PS3, I'd like to tweak it too get a closer match but not sure how, any tips?

Last edited: 6 Oct 2009
  3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

very nice

Tags: Add Tags