1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another CompUSA box of CompUSA parts? Think again

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by HAXOR, 14 Oct 2003.

1. borumas

borumas What's a Dremel?

Nice looking project so far, keep it coming. Those little holes in the bottom front of the bezel almost look like you have a HDD voltmeter there, that would be pretty cool to have in that spot.

2. HAXOR

HAXOR Minimodder

Well there's an idea! Now how do I start on building an HDD volt meter? 8)

3. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Don't worry about hand slippage. Just remove the cover, and start work on it.

4. jpb

jpb What's a Dremel?

Nice stuff so far, Haxor. Finish on the paint came out really nice. :clap:

5. HAXOR

HAXOR Minimodder

Thanks for the comment jpb! This comp modding is going on hold for a bit while I switch over to my plexi/steal case. I've still got to make the PSU gan grill and replace the power button with a keyswitch. If you've ever had an oldie comp, you'll know what a keyswitch is.

A keyswitch uses a round key, it was original made (for the computer) to lock out use of the keyboard. It connected to the motherboard, and turning the key would lock out the keyboard. This doesn't work with Windows though, only DOS and windows 3.x, but maybe linux. The keys for this type of lock were ALMOST ALL THE SAME, so anyone could unlock it by spending $5 for a new key, as a lot of keys wern't notched and all similar.

6. borumas

borumas What's a Dremel?

Here you go, I think it would be a cool addition to an already nice looking rig:
    HDD Voltmeter

7. KrazyIvan

KrazyIvan What's a Dremel?

Hey man! I have not forgotten you! Well maybe I forgot who asked me this. I could not find the thread to answer. :blush: I have the info at home and I am at work right now. Saving the link to your thread so I will not forget it. :worried: