1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antec P160 Case

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by eddie_dane, 13 Apr 2004.

1. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

Read, enjoy, tell us what you think...

[​IMG]

linkzor

2. penski

penski BodMod

ooooooh....fancy :)

*n

3. Vochraye

Vochraye What's a Dremel?

I dig it.
    I'm looking to start a mod project geared toward silence - might use this case a base. How silent is this thing? (just with the 2 120s going) Anything like the Sonata?

4. ima_gnu

ima_gnu What's a Dremel?

very nice. I like it. can I have it?

5. eddie_dane

Well, I haven't had a Sonata with fans installed to compare the sound quality directly. I will say the case is quiet. You can hear the fans as the case is a bit thin-skinned in the sound containment area (probably due to the aluminum) but the sound is well within my comfort level, and I insist on a quiet case. I have two 120's running at standard RPM's, if I chose too add some fan control to it, it would be virtually silent.

Yes you can, I believe I posted the price and where you can get one from pctoyland... :D

6. Vochraye

Vochraye What's a Dremel?

Sweet. I've been looking for an excuse to buy some 120 panaflos. This looks like it could be it...

7. The_Pope

The_Pope Geoff Richards Super Moderator

Funny you should mention the Sonata - I've got one here that's pending review - ETD beat me to it, and they're not SO different tbh.

I've got a pair of Medium speed Delta 120mm running off the in-built volt / temp control that's inside the bundled PSU: they keep things cool and only emit a soft whooshing sound. Indeed, easily the most audible sounds were my sickly Ti4600 fan, and my 60mm CPU fan.

The former has been swapped out for a 60mm volt-throttled fan for now, and I've got my CPU fan hooked up to a Zalman Fanmate - temps are within reason for a 2.2Ghz P4, but I can crank it up if I need to.

For functionality, it's one of the best cases I've personally seen / used. But for practicality, that Piano Black surface is a nightmare - I had no idea my house was this dusty!

In short, since mine is under the desk and not on show, the features / functionality of it are hard to beat. But if you wanted it on top of your desk, dust and fingerprint free, show elsewhere :)

8. TMM

TMM Modder

Seems like another great case from antec. this seems like a more lan-friendly case then my PlusView1000AMG, that thing is damned heavy to carry to lans :p

i don't think i like the chrome though. if i got my hands on one of them, that chrome would be meeting mr gloss black spray can!

btw: can it display celcius too, or were you lazy? :cooldude:

9. eddie_dane

It was an afterthought when I saw the pic I took that I wasn't in Celcius. Yes, as stated in the review, you can toggle the display from F to C with the push of a button inside the case. :thumb: as a matter of fact, after taking the pic, I changed it to C :idea:

10. matrixx

matrixx What's a Dremel?

I got one myself about two months ago (If i could have read your review then would not have killed rear fans mounting pins like you did man are they soft :D ) and I like it a lot the major problem I have with the case is the front bezel would have liked it if it was made from alum to. As for cooling since I installed two thermaltake 120mm blue led fans into case my temps in idle has droped from 36c(back fan only) to about 32c(back and front) and under load it has gone down from 48c to about 45c and increase in sound is not noticable to me as I am use to a Coolmaster X-Dream my old cpu cooler

Last edited: 24 Apr 2004
  11. jess1313

jess1313 What's a Dremel?

temp readings

The LED temp readings can display C & F there is a switch on the end of a wire that changes this. I have one of these cases & it rocks.

12. brumster

brumster What's a Dremel?

Im expecting mine to be delivered tomorrow. Planning on purpleing all the LEDs/readouts somehow. Will probably be adding another 2 120mm blowholes (one top, one side). Ive decided to get the Antec side window too, but only as the platform for a custom jobbie. Of course all this is speculation until Ive actually got my grubby mitts on it and can start visualising the dream... :hip:

13. malccy72

malccy72 Minimodder

Had one of these cases for quite a while. Have side window as well. Would not say it is a good case if after silence but the looks are great. Solid and well made. :D

Tags: Add Tags