1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News ASRock partners with Fatal1ty

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 2 Dec 2010.

1. JA12

JA12 What's a Dremel?

I don't buy anything that says "Fatal1ty" somewhere on the product or package. Ever.

2. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

ASRock make some quality boards that are cheap and effective...they just don't overclock. (They REALLY don't overclock!)

If i were building an office pc that needed to be reliable and cost effective; great, go ASRock. Perfect market for them.
    If i'm making a premium gaming rig with a cpu that's overclocked to within an inch of it's life, stay away.

Although, it's just occured to me. If overclocking on the P67 boards is going to be dependant on K chips, with very little strain on the board, then ASRock might be on to a winner. If they get the price right.

3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

what was he like gun.. I always imagined he'd be this quiet guy with curled fingers :D I can't see him being a total cock

was he wearing a wife beater

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I hope he falls down a well and gets buried by all his crappy product branding.

5. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

LOL that guy looks a wee bit chubby. Not fatality but fatassity. :/

6. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

I avoid this guys branding whenever posible. Is he really all that these days anyway? (i do not follow the Pro gaming leagues).

I have played someone using his name (I cant say it was him, obviously) and they were not all that (and neither am I). In fact it was this guy.

Last edited: 3 Dec 2010
  7. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

If I remember correctly, the last company to make Fatal1ty boards died out, so...

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Different team, technically different company. It's like a brotherhood where they can negotiate support, but for a lot of things they're on their own.

EDIT: As much as I personally don't care for Fatal-one-ty branded hardware, I do see the advantage of a gaming motherboard over that of a "gaming PSU" or memory, and I think it's a very good move for 'low end' ASRock to put itself inline with other premium brands Fatal-one-ty cooperates with, like OCZ and Creative. From what I've seen of other P67 boards there's clearly some ASUS tech on that ASRock, so maybe it'll actually be a decent board? Who knows.

9. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Fatal1ty is so not cool anymore. Anyone old enough to actual see him game would never buy his crap (if they had any self respect that is) and the Halo generation has no clue as to who he is (seeing how they think Halo was the very first FPS).

He should change his product line to " Total N0ob:0 " if it was kickass I would even buy it (well maybe an Ethernet cable at least).

10. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

i have a Asrock Extreme 3 and its rock solid, never had one issue it also overclocks well enough for my usage.

11. alleyne

alleyne What's a Dremel?

Cant say i know much about the guy or asrock/assrock. buts its a dam good looking board
    ________
    Herbalaire

Last edited: 25 Mar 2011
  12. Deders

Deders Modder

I've bought 2 Asrock boards boards in the past and both have given me less than expected performance.

On the one hand they do sometimes have quite unique and innovitive features but the implimentation is sometimes poor as they tend to cut corners. For instance having a Sata3 port that connects via a PCIE 1x lane resulting in potentially lower bandwidth for high end SDD's.

The problems I've had with Asrock boards tend to be in the PCIe implementation, where the throughput is significantly less than other brands. This was both on a board with a Nforce 3 chipset and one with a P55 chipset. After replacing the Asrock's for EVGA and MSI boards games ran much smoother.

The picture I'm getting is that they want to be able to tick as many feature boxes as possible even if it means that the features aren't fully up to spec.

Admittedly your average user won't notice or care about these things but for anyone who wants performance and quality hardware it's best to look elsewhere.

Fatal1ty's Asrock Endorsement has just made me even less likely to buy any Fatal1ty branded hardware as he's obviously not concerned with quality.

13. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

14. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Great! you're good at games (brilliant, maybe) and if this was a guide to how to kick ass at games, I might theoretically be interested, however it's a motherboard. I'd prefer someone who has a degree in this sort of electronics and knows how **** works, you know, a professional...

15. wbdog206

wbdog206 not me

I am waiting for the sandy bridge cpus,but I think I will look at some
    other MoBo offerings. I like the colors though.

16. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

Sure a lot of comments for hating on Fatality branded products.

17. calmac87

calmac87 What's a Dremel?

Hey, I think the Fatal1ty P67 board is hot!!

I have had 3 Fatal1ty products (sound card, graphic card and headset) and they have all been very good. Actually, at first I didn't know he was a famous gamer. For me the Fatal1ty brand is great.

At least he has some input into his products, and they have a good reputation. I think the Fatal1ty haters are really jealous gamers wish it was their name on products since the never say his products are bad, just they don't like him personally.

I never met him, but he clearly is one of the best gamers ever, and I am sure he can give some advise to Taiwan engineers who design the products like motherboards.

I found this overview of the P67, which shows him in the factory working with engineers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgulNWDFhfc

OK, he is a little unpolished and he really loves himself, but he clearly know what he wants and he knows gaming and he is working with engineers. I only see this as positive.

The other thing, is that this P67 board got good reviews like this one from OC Workbench:

http://en.ocworkbench.com/tech/asro...profess1onal-series-intel-p67-full-review/16/

It looks great!!

I know Fatal1ty products, and they have been good for me, I don't know ASRock, but from the posts here is seems that they are or were part of ASUS so they should have similar quality, right?

Tags: Add Tags