1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Big Chungus.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vault-Tec, 24 Oct 2020.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

2. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Goddddddit sah.

Fine and mindbending work there, well worth the effort for that excellent result.

Part of me is disappointed that I won't be seeing the look on Gary's Mrs face seeing BC in her house! She doesn't take prisoners...

3. Vault-Tec

LOL let's deliver it to him any way then :D see now, that's the best part of being single LMAO.

I actually forgot something. When I got up today (I would say this morning but it was more like 2pm) I went down to make coffee and decided to start clearing out the junk as I mentioned earlier. I have this like, hemp Tesco bag I keep my Dremel in. When I pulled out the Dremel I noticed something looking up at me. A 2.5" drive. Hmm, didn't even know I had any of those ! so I paid it no mind and go on with what I was doing. Then I thought "Hmmm, I'm going to need a 2.5" drive where can I get one?" and I remembered I'd seen one earlier. However, I was sure it would be dead or why would I have uncaringly lobbed it in that dirty old bag? (fnarr). Any way, I went down and got it and the penny dropped. It was my second wife's old backup drive. I pulled it out of the shell and put an SSD in for her. Brought it up, even managed to find the original cable. Shell was chucked out ages ago.

[​IMG]

I swear this was all meant to happen. Crazy eh? that will be more than we will ever need for a game server too.

4. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

That's what got me when I saw the photos with a build in it ... until that point it looked like you could fit anything in it.

5. Vault-Tec

Cables are here. I was just hoping to reach the board. Seems Phanteks are trying to reach the moon.

[​IMG]

6. Vault-Tec

That should be everything connected up for now. Not bad given all I had was some cloth tape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Arboreal and Cheapskate like this.
  7. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I wonder why you are putting effort into making it look good. Leave the green! :D It's amazing they put all that effort into making it big, then left zero clearance at the I/O and corners.
    I know Vault isn't someone I should suggest this to, but if you want to spend money to make it obnoxious, I'd mod the front to hold a 6x120 radiator. -You know, sloppily hanging out both sides of the case. :lol:

Arboreal likes this.
  8. Vault-Tec

It doesn't need much cooling mate tbh. It's a 16 core Broadwell E running at 2.3ghz. It's going to be our gaming server... And I have to have it in my flat, so I am doing my best to make it tidy. If I could hide it away I wouldn't have bothered. Whilst digging around when I got here I found an old sheet of glitter red acrylic. God knows how long I have even had this. I don't even know what I bought it for, and a piece was missing so it must have been years ago.

[​IMG]

Drives looked a bit crap, so that looks a little better.

9. Vault-Tec

I mentioned an oddity with the case a couple of pages back. I promised to take pics.

[​IMG]

Designer at Kolink, after the case had been made.. "Oh s**t, it's totally wrong and doesn't line up !"
    Engineer at Kolink "Hold my beer and give me my hammer !"

[​IMG]

Did this too.

[​IMG]

Arboreal and Goatee like this.
  10. Vault-Tec

Big Chunguuuuuuus, Big Bad Chungus.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apologies for the water mark. I forgot I had reset my phone recently.

11. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

You got a hungering for shortbread have you ? :)

12. Vault-Tec

Nah I hate it. Sadly because of all that has gone on this year with ma falling over and breaking her leg (and thus not being here) I am having to eat things I normally wouldn't.

I already did a sort of Christmas shop at my flat, so I was loathe to do another 80 quid here. So just the essentials and what I can find. I suppose I will at least enjoy my Christmas dinner that bit more.

I've been on sandwiches for four days. I don't like the layout of her kitchen. Every drawer is cluttered and if you open them it takes you an hour to close them again. She keeps her plates in the oven (FFS) and all sorts of other autistic killing BS like drawers full of carrier bags.

I just CBA sorting it all out tbh.

13. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

That's not V-T's shortbread, it's there to appease Big Chungus... FEED ME!

Vault-Tec and spolsh like this.