Hardware Bioshock Infinite Performance Analysis

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 23 Apr 2013.

1. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

You'll be OK with a lower setting.

2. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I would like to see your test of Crysis 3 with my Ultra CVar. Then we will separate the men from the boys.

In some parts of the game, I was hitting 3.9GB VRAM usage...Chuck that at an Asus Ares II or even 2, and watch it play like a slide show...:D

David, Apophis54 and Teelzebub like this.
  3. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

I think this game is just poorly optimised. I tried the adaptive v-sync. It seems to have lessened the frequency of fps drops but it still happens. It happens in stupid places like indoors standing in front of a closed door. As if the door is taxing the GPU in some way.

4. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

The sig rig runs it nicely on ultra. (7970 at 1440p)

Its a great looking game and im loving it so far.

5. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I should think it does Bobby! :hehe:

6. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Lol. Well there are games out there that it can't handle on ultra at 1440p (at least at what I would consider playable framerates)

7. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

That's exactly what I'm getting Stanley, some places just are not running smooth. Adaptive does work really well but it still gives me tearing and a few areas still do the big fps drops for me. I'm gonna keep playing around with it I guess. Hopefully we get some patches, I'm so surprised this game hasn't been patched already, it's rare that a game comes out lately and doesn't have at least a day 1 patch and something within the first week or two. They made a really good game I guess, shame I have to be one of the few who has some issues and wants some sorta update.

8. Stanley Tweedle

Well it's clear now there are some severe performance issues with this game on ultra with a 680 even when the 680 is overclocked. Got to the big balloon fight last night and the frame rate was dropping constantly. Makes no difference if you set AA on the Nvidia control panel.

I have a lot of other games on this win 7 and all work fine. The only other game installed that can have fps drops on ultra for me is Crysis 3.

9. Stanley Tweedle

I will be reducing the graphic settings to maintain smoothess. I'd rather have consistent frame-rate than ultra beauty.

10. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

This game runs well while still managing to look impressive on an older engine.

1080p with an overclocked Core 2 Duo and HD5850, had to turn off DOF and lower the detail distance as loading new areas were producing stutters.

Interstinly I notice that characters in the distance will be frozen, without any animations or AI to save on performance and will "kick in" as you approach. Lowering the detail distance made this more noticeable but made walking into new areas much smoother.

11. Stanley Tweedle

I just want the game to end. I'm finding it mind numbingly boring now. It just seems to drag on forever and the boss fights get more and more stupid.

12. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Boss fights? Eh? Bioshock Infinite doesn't have boss fights (unless you count the handymen).

13. Stanley Tweedle

The ghost mom is a boss fight and a quite ridiculous one.

14. Eiffie

Eiffie What's a Dremel?

Lady Comstock was terribly hard compared to the rest of the fights for me but it was a combination of me upgrading too many weapons and not focusing enough on a few and not using the right vigors to combat her and her minions. I think there could have been a better way of letting players know what vigors might work on what enemies or situations, especially when you combine them, I didn't even know there was combos till after my first playthrough of the game and started to look at what I missed. Now all I have to do is use a fully upgraded sniper with the quick reload and extended mag gear and two clips of sniper ammo can take her out in seconds since a fully upgraded sniper can fire rapidly while bronco deals with all the minions for more than enough time, I don't even have to kill them. Even on 1999 mode I had little trouble once I found out that worked but before then I was dieing left and right. More times than the rest of the game combined.

Tags: Add Tags