1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Can someone 3D Print a small tool attachment for me please

Discussion in 'General' started by Big Elf, 8 Jul 2021.

1. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I am hoping someone with a 3D Printer could help me out and print 2 small stop fittings for each of my Knipex Wire Strippers.

The files and photo of the fitting are here

The Knipex 12 62 180 wire strippers are great apart from one tiny flaw. When preparing wire for sleeving I've found it's best to strip 3mm of insulation but these strippers can only be set to a minimum of 6mm.

On my strippers I screwed a tiny screw into the front of the stop fitting to adjust the strip length to 3mm (and added an additional stop fitting behind it to stop any movement) but it would be great to have a modified fitting for each of my strippers to do this.

Happy to pay for materials, postage and time.

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Nexus17 very kindly pm'd me and offered to print me a couple (and sent 4). They not only fit perfectly they're more stable than the supplied ones so don't need an extra stop fitting to hold it in place. Not only that he did it all for free (I'm donating a fiver to a local Hospice). Many, many thanks Alex.

It's the white bit in the jaws with the extra little prong in front.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 16 Jul 2021
    MadGinga and Nexus17 like this.