1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Code-BLU *stealth that drive!*

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by TMM, 13 Jan 2004.

1. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

hehe cool man. Like the hiding of the drive bays. Makes all the difference those little things.

2. dirtbiker

dirtbiker What's a Dremel?

Sweet, but i reckon it would be better to move the cathodes so that you can't see the actual bulbs, only the light? Would make the case a load more photogenic anyway... :worried:

3. J453

J453 What's a Dremel?

hey, how did u get your drives stealthe like that, i mean the drives come the the point where the plates should be but the stealth bit has a perfect fit.

i wish to stealth my drives too but they are on rails and there are no screw holes. any help? ta

4. TMM

TMM Modder

Mr drill is your friend :eek: :dremel:
    you can see from one of the pics where i have started stealthing the DVD. its sitting it the normal position, but with the stealthed plate just stuck on the front. Then i driled some new holes in the drive rails, so the the drive rails sit more to the front of the drive, thus making the drive sit further back.
    take the metal out when drilling it becuase its gets extremely hot and melts the plastic :naughty:

the one at the bottom is hidden right near the door, so when the door is on you can't see it :p but the other one is a tube with fibre optic and leds at the ends. so its rather "glows" then lights up thing around it. its not powerful enough to act as a CCFL kind of thing, more so actually looking at it and seeing a nice blue bar or light :p