News Command & Conquer 360

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 17 Nov 2006.

1. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

2. Chuff_72

Chuff_72 What's a Dremel?

PC Vs 360? We can only hope Mad Catz or Joytech create a dodgy wireless mouse for us to use, come on all you 360 owners RISE UP, WE CAN TAKE EM WE CAN WIN!!!

3. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I am a huge C&C guy, love most of them, However, Command and Conquer belongs on PC, not a console, lets hope EA are making the right choice.

Sam

4. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

I like the possible direction of PC vs Xbox online, hopefully this is follow to FPS such as the Medal of Honour series and maybe (just maybe) CS:S. It would be fun to see which is better, i know everyone will say pc because of keyboard and mouse BUT, i've seen some of my mates playing CoD2 on the 360 and I reckon they are pretty close in terms of speed and aim.

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I did first play C&C on the playstation (my PC was awful, no I didn't even have one actually) and although fun, it's horrible to control a RTS with a pad, it just shouldn't be done.

I'd say the only reason to get it on the 360 instead of the PC is if it couldn't handle it, but saying it's just a tarted up C&C Generals engine, most PCs should be able to handle it on lower settings. The devs said in an interview they wanted it to look good but also make it so it still looks good at low settings for people without pimped out PCs.

Problem with this is the 360 users would just get prawned by keyboard and mouse users.

6. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

For RTS I agree, we have much more control with many more buttons, but fps, now that would be a contest.

7. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

i doubt that much. the speed and accuracy granted by the mouse over the joypad is almost unmeasurable.

8. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Theres a keyboard and mouse for X360.

9. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

that's all well and good, but how much is it going to cost?? and why isn't it in the game anyway?

10. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

So its gonna be buggy as hell and they'll release patch after patch? :D

11. Chuff_72

Chuff_72 What's a Dremel?

The Phantom Lapboard means us console owners will be able to compete, oh hang on, when's that out again... delayed til 2007? Well that IS a shock.

12. Emon

Emon What's a Dremel?

I'm really looking forward to this for the PC. I always thought the C&C series had some of the best RTS action out there. I liked Blizzard's titles but the micromanagement was ridiculous.

13. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

It will be new maps and maybe new units. Patches are not new content.

Anyway why do people complain about patches??? They are there to fix the game. At least you have a option to patch a PC game as console games couldnt be patched. With console games you have put up with the buggs in the games. I played hundreds of games across different consoles that have bugs and theres nothing you can do about it. Its not just EA as every PC game i own has had patches for it.

Just get over it and be pleased with the fact that the games developers still work on the game after its released and do what they can to fix any bugs that have been discovered. They could easily just forget about it and move onto the next new title.

Back on topic

I cant wait for this on the PC as I have the entire series and bout all on day of release. I just been back on generals this last couple of weeks replaying every mission. Cant get enough of C&C.

Xbox 360 version should be mouse only and sold with a mouse if needed. I tried playing C&C on playstation and another console but played poor with a joypad.

Although now with analogue sticks it might play alot better than a d-pad, as good as a mouse but wont be better.

Last edited: 17 Nov 2006
  14. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

The 360 has standard USB ports - couldn't you just bang a standard mouse in there?

15. Narvi

Narvi What's a Dremel?

I remember playing both C&C and Dune 2000 on my Playstation. It was lame. Really, really, lame. They had to simplify the whole experience, after all. Hopefully they'll release distinct versions on both platforms, so the PC version won't suffer consolitis.

16. JCBeastie

JCBeastie What's a Dremel?

NO! NO! NO! NO!

This is bad news for us PC gamers, anyone remember Deus Ex and Invisible War? Well that's wat happens when PC games become console games, they get watered down.

I for one don't want some overly simplified UI just because there's a console version out. They had better not sacrifice anything on the PC release...

17. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

c&c with a gamepad? no. just no.

18. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

They, as you put it will water down the Cosole version, the PC version will remain as crisp and amazing as they say it will be.

The console command and conquer was brilliant, its the first time i played Command and Conquer, and now im hooked, ok, im hooked on teh PC version, to be honest, being a nut as i am, i dout i will buy the game on the 360, as i will have already bought it on the PC.

Sam

19. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

You can connect a USB mouse, it just won't work in games or anything else.

20. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk What's a Dremel?

that is the first thing I tried when I friend of mine down the hall got a 360 on the initial release.

didn't work. to my dissapointment, I was planning on laying the smackdown.

Tags: Add Tags