1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding CPU Magazine (ComputerPowerUser.com)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Klekkus, 4 Oct 2006.

1. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

Hey, yes I know this might be a little OT.

Have anybody of you heard about CPU Mag?

I got an offer from a writer there about getting my Black Pearl Mod on their front page of their Mag.

Do you think the offer is polite? [If the editors select my mod some money are also involved]

I'm think it looks polite, but I'm not shure since I don't have heard about CPU Mag before.

2. nucleareskimo

nucleareskimo What's a Dremel?

Back when i was really into my first mod, i got a few of these mags. They are very nice, and i still like cpu as a magazine compared to all the magazines that i get. They are really easy to get in the US, and u can find them at in the magazine section at most major bookstores, at least where i live. So yes, i would be very happy if i made a modded computer that got into there, because it is a magazine that is very nice, and in good circulation at least in the denver, colorado area, although i assume it is in most other major cities.

3. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Its a big magazine in North America, I would totally agree. It would really get you seen in the states and Canada.

4. dastt

dastt What's a Dremel?

yeah CPU is pretty big here in canada, ive seen variety stores start to carry it now

5. Tech-Daddy

Tech-Daddy What's a Dremel?

I won with Lupine. CPU is a reputable enthusiast magazine in the States. If you have been approached, you would get a full cover, and a 2 page spread.

It is fun experience.
    Go for it!

6. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

Whoa man take it! cpu mag is so big , you get some $$$ too :eek:

7. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

I say go for it too. I pick up that mag every few months and the modded systems are always the best part!

8. Klekkus

Klekkus What's a Dremel?

Weeeee :)

I Think I'll go for it :D

9. Navig

Navig What's a Dremel?

ygpm.

10. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

CPU magazine is one of the best computer magazines i read, and one of the most well written. I would defeinitly say to let them publish your mod, i know i saw Navig's tower on there a while back.

11. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

sorry to revive such an old thread, but i didnt want to creat a new one regaurding the same topic. I recently received the same offer for my BnW Wavemaster and was wondering what process you had to go through, and i f you won (@killa bzerk)

12. DDarkSide

DDarkSide What's a Dremel?

I have been buy this magazine..good read.and lately some good Overclocking information :)

13. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

To clarify things, is CPU offering the cover as in they're asking you permission to put it in or are they offering to consider your case for the cover?

14. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

offering to concider, sorry if my post wasnt clear, i was just wondering what exactly happens if i accept their offer, what kind of process i have to go through and stuff