1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Crazy New Graphics Cards from PowerColor

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 7 Jun 2010.

1. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

The 1/2 height 5770 card already has a buyer. Hurry up powercolor, I need one for project O²! Saves hassles with riser cards. Hurry up Hurry up Hurry up Hurry up Hurry up Hurry up Hurry up Hurry up Hurry up Hurry up Hurry up Hurry up Hurry up Hurry up Hurry up XD

EDIT: If PowerColor needs a rig to showcase their new 1/2 Height 5770 I'm happy to accept sponsorship for O²!

2. nicae

nicae What's a Dremel?

I'm sorry, but wouldn't the half-height 5770 be half-width? :D

3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Half height I think, think of it as the one that fits in small PCs.

4. LightningPete

LightningPete Diagnosis: ARMAII-Holic

With the Hydra chip, does that mean if i dropped this 5770 into a setup with my gtx285, i will effectively get physx to run on the 5770? Or is this just nvidia exclusive only?

Just wondering what the advantage would be for a 5770 in with a higher-end nvidia chip. The dual card setup purely for increased bandwidth doesnt cut it really... i mean the software issues already are horrendous for such a noble idea of hydra. I want the 5770 to effectively offload on set of physx calculations or something similar whilst my gtx285 does all the texture crunching.

5. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Powercolor - you have 7 days to release this card before I go elsewhere and have to use a full height card for O². Pleeeease don't make me redesign my case's io panel for the 3rd time!

Tags: Add Tags