1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you get immunised where you live?

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-16, 2 Aug 2005.

1. RTT

RTT #parp

Too many to remember. Last one i had a few months ago was an MMR booster.

2. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Been years since my last tetinus(sp?) shot. As a kid I got the usual mumps/polio jab. When I was in the army I started to get my Hep shots but got out before
    they were completed (as you have to have them several weeks apart).

Not a big fan of having needles in my arm tbh.

EDIT: In Australia they also encourage girls to get the rubella (german meazles) immunisation when they are young because if they get it while pregnant (hopefully later in life) it can cause birth defects.

3. :: vic ::

:: vic :: Married to the Mod

Skye had her first jabs a couple of weeks ago, one in each leg the poor little mite, she did her best red faced scream :waah:. I made Kna hold her so I didn't feel too bad.

The last one I remember getting was Rubella at school when I was 14.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Wow 2 months already? Hows ur little lass doin?

5. :: vic ::

:: vic :: Married to the Mod

She's great thanks, in fact she's the best, most fantastic and gorgeous baby ever :D

6. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

bit of shocking news bindi....

ok so my mum went to ireland to go see her cousin,as it turns out he is seriously unwell.he caught a virus when on holiday to China! this only happened recently...an thats why my mum went and came back 2day.

Apparently....this all started when he got back...effectively hes in a vegatable like state.he's a retired GP!!! and is his mid 60's and has allways be fit and well...as most GP's are....

but now he dosent remember anyone...dosent know where he is or have any cordination....

they are still trying to find out what the hell it is!!

im only saying this as i kno u've go ur upcomming trip to China but knowing that it is a semi-poor country....u can catch anything out there....like S.A.R.S or that killer FLU.....

im just concerned...

7. kergareth

kergareth What's a Dremel?

I think I have all my injections... :worried:

8. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Probably not.

Does anyone still have their BCG scars which are big? mine is about 2cm across and the jab was 4 years ago, supposingly its because my brother kept punching my arm after the jab, which caused the area around it to be crapped up.

The piece of paper the nurse gave me said the "thingy" will go away in 6 weeks,

scroll along 4 years,

its still there! I have a mind to sue to NHS, :naughty:

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Apparently SARS has been virtually erradicated apart from the slums where it came from, and going anywhere you suffer a risk. If i was that worried id never leave the house.

10. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Had almost everything required, including measles jab at least 3 times, + have had german measles (not the jab, the actual virus) too :|
    Think we were meant to get a mumps jab, as its been going around uni's/schools lately, but didnt bother/have time. Having said that, had very mumps like symptoms last year, bar the swelling, everything else was there....
    Seems pointless not having jabs if you're meant to have them, if everyone thought that way, some of the diseases that are currently rare/non existant could become mainstream again.

11. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

I have no idea now I've lost count a BCG one in primary school some few others which i've forgotten the name of etc etc..