News DriveClub developer considers giving compensation for server issues

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 14 Oct 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

This has been quite annoying as quite a few of us want to use the social features, challenges between mates etc.

Still, I have put quite some time into the tour and have been really enjoying it, feels good (not a sim but not super arcade) decent sensation of speed, whilst racing some of the lighting coming through scenery and on to cars is quite impressive, some of gameplay has a PGR/MSR feel to it, AI is very much processional but a lot of the tracks are quite narrow there is not a lot of room for them to do much else, they do provide a great race, I have not had this much tight competitive racing in ages.

It does suck balls though when you have cleanly raced with no impact or track penalty and one of the AIs flies up your arse full pelt and you get a penalised for it :mad:

The game still feels like it could do with more time, you can't do some simple thing like replays or change your car colour etc without setting up custom stuff at the very beginning, bit of a faff.

3. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades Dreamer

The game feels unfinished even without the online features IMO...no replays, no weather, no option to change car colour easily during the Tour mode, poor A.I., etc, etc. Although the core gameplay in Driveclub is solid, bar that iffy A.I. that can be frustrating at times, the game overall feels half-baked IMO. It has all the hallmarks of a launch game, which is what it was intended to be, but apart from some nice looking graphics it is very ordinary for what is supposed to be the PS4's first exclusive racing game. Disappointing sums it up nicely so far. Downright embarrassing if you bought it for the Club and online features!

Tags: Add Tags