1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows EVE Online Players Sound Off!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RotoSequence, 10 Sep 2006.

1. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

I stopped playing about a year ago, just couldn't find time for it. I had about 130m skill points too.

2. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

I spent a year or so living in wormholes. Been a lowsec pirate for the last 2 or so years. Bit more chilled out than the lowsec blob warfare I find.
    I hope fozzie sov shakes things up big time. Would be nice to take a small group of skilled pilots in to cause havok for days at a time in null.

3. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

Un-subbed two accounts about 6 months ago, just got to a point where I needed so much knowledge to take things further and didn't have the time to "study" if you will.

I get the occasional desire to re-sub but with a job, wife and 2 kids it just seems like too much effort.

4. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

So is EVE worth getting into now? I noticed a steam deal to get the Core Starter Pack for ~£4... whatever that is.

5. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

For me Eve was the most fun when I started out. There is so much to do and learn, it all felt so big, it still does I guess. It has a great community and if you like MMOs then I think it is one the better ones out there and really does offer something different to the other WoW clones.

Just don't fall into the trap of thinking you will never catch up to the vets in terms of skill points and therefore will always be behind. Skill points mostly provide variety. Level 5 is level 5 for everyone, find what you like to fly and specialize in it and you will destroy most of the vet players out there.

6. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

You can do loads with lower SP pilots. One of my corpmates got into the top 1000 on battleclinic within a year by being very good with frigates.

The main bit of advice I'd give any newbie is join a player corp or community. Be it Brave Newbies, RvB or Wingspan Delivery Services (I'd recommend Wingspan atm) just join up with people and see where it takes you.

7. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I've recently launched myself back into playing EVE after watching the stream of one of the Twitch broadcasters that I follow (Arumba) and him sending out a call to arms.

Can't believe how much I've forgotten over the past year or so from being out of action.
    We're having lots of great fun with our new corporation of mostly new players and a few veterans, it's complete and utter chaos but we are slowly getting organised and everything is fun interacting with a group of people who've never played before.

This week we're gradually moving our activities over into low-sec space with a high-sec island nearby, then we need to populate the market for the region as it's completely screwed up by people putting things on for 350000% - 590000% above average prices.

8. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Hey Guys,

So I have been resubbed for about 3 months now, am thinking of bringing my old corp out of hibernation (J.I.T. Enterprises), if you were an old member thinking of resubbing or coming back into the fold PM me for some more info.

Invite also goes for anyone else thats interested. Havent completely figured things out just yet awaiting to see the response rate. If that doesnt work out I could be in a position to recruit into a 0.0 sov holding CFC / Imperium aligned corporation.

Nimbu on the forums and nimbu in game if you would like to chat there.

Nims

9. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

interesting

10. Jards8595

Jards8595 Minimodder

No posts on this thread in a while, anyone else still playing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

I did manage to get my old Corp up and running and into an null sec alliance. However no one else came. I got bored and quit. Haven't looked back. As much as I loved the game things art the same without those old players / friends.

12. Jards8595

Jards8595 Minimodder

Yea i've been playing with the same bunch for years now so i can see how it would be a different experience if i had to get on with a whole new group. I think the game is a good place right now though on the whole

13. Jards8595

Jards8595 Minimodder

14. SirFur

SirFur PC Gamer and LAzy B0nes

Was looking through some of my old posts, and came across this thread. Still around! :clap:

If anyone is starting up or needs some help hook me up in-game and I will point you in the right direction. Still playing yes, still have old memories, still a steep leraning curve, but I am with a group these days that has made my time in EvE the best it's EVER been since I started playing in 2008. :rock::grin:

Jards8595 likes this.
  15. Jards8595

Jards8595 Minimodder

Who do you fly with mate?

16. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Always contemplate on going back to spending the odd night playing EVE, I dread to think how scattered I left all of my assets as I was primarily into manufacturing and trade.

17. Jards8595

Jards8595 Minimodder

get back in as an alpha, you can fly up to battleships now without a paid sub

18. MrRobot

MrRobot What's a Dremel?