1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Finger Modding ;)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by bee2643, 4 Apr 2002.

1. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

lets just say it sucked :(

2. Daneo

Daneo What's a Dremel?

i feel lucky now

heres my list of "injuries" from modding
    #1 i didnt have a drill, so i just held the drill bit in my hand to bore out my 5mm led spots. heh, got a bunch o little 1mm deep gouges in my hand..... thats it......

#2 my hand got kinda tired while using the dremel for 3 hours on my window...... broke 12 blades.... none of em touched me...... no eye wear, no gloves, no shoes, no long sleeved t-shirt, no long pants....

i should be in that movie "untouchable"
    or in the mc hammer music video "cant touch this"

3. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

i made the stupid mistake of using those sanding wheels to cut the plexi once, broke about a dozen and same thing none hit me, then one shatters, 1 flaming hot piece landed on my foot, and on my hand and left waterblisters :eek:

4. Daneo

Daneo What's a Dremel?

ouchies

i know its only a matter of time before each of us is seriously injured again. hopefully these forums will lengthen that amount of time.

5. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

when was the last time? ...besides me

6. pheonix

pheonix Toot Toot!

I know smoeone who did this on an electric planer...which are really nasty bnecause it isn't a clean cut - basically it mashed the end of his finger

not good

7. therider

therider What's a Dremel?

I cant find worlds for the wierd shakey feeling reading this thead gives me! The end of my finger is really tingling!!!

Feel sorry for ya but, I dont need to say that was a stupid thing to do. You're luck it was just the finger. (when did I get so responcible arrh i've turned into a grown-up!)

When ppl ask you about it you can tell em "I cut my finger off Triad gang style" :D

ride

8. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

rofl
    yea
    i just tell em my dog ate it, lol

9. unlucky2LUCKY

unlucky2LUCKY What's a Dremel?

geez, luckily i haven't cut anything case modding, cept the occasional papercut on a sharp part of the case... for the last few months i've been without dust mask, goggles, gloves, shoes and nothing's happened. then my girl got on me a week ago and i got a pair of goggles and some dust masks. that very same day i was using my dremel and one of the discs broke on me and snapped up in my face! if it wasn't for the goggles i probably woulda lost my eye cuz it left a pretty good scratch on em... whew! really got me thinking though... from now on the goggles don't come off! :D

10. therider

therider What's a Dremel?

My father is a Plumber works on building sites. He doesnt always were goggles one day while simply lookin under some floorboards some debris kicked up into his eye. He went to the eye hospital and everything, didnt have after problems luckily!

Now a days hes the foreman and tells ppl off all day for not having safety equipment. I would never use any power tool without googles at least.

Any kids on this forum The best £5.50 you'll ever spend

ride

11. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

thats what the women are for :D

12. pheonix

pheonix Toot Toot!

I wouldn't use one without them :)

13. TrumpetSteve

TrumpetSteve What's a Dremel?

Dud that would definietely suck, hope you dont have to type q's a's or z's anytime soon :lol:
    or is it your right pinky, if it is then thats ok. ;)
    Actually that would suck even more no enter key arrggggh
    no right pinky= youre screwed

14. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

it does suck,its my left pinky, but i dun use it to type neways :p

15. Medic6666

Medic6666 What's a Dremel?

you all seem have damaged your heads before you even started modding

But just to show you are not alone.. ;)

I was carrying my pc down the stairs as I want to clear it all out so I could spray my whole case internal as well and you guessed it dropped it.

Now this sounds worse than it seems because being a clever IT person, I decided to stick my foot out to soften the blow of the pc hitting the floor.

the end result was that my pc was 100% fine. I on the other hand had 2 broken toes. :cries:

Still saved me load of cash and I got a week off work.

Mod PC Damage Body...now theres a T-shirt quote.

:)

16. god8y

god8y What's a Dremel?

i really need some safety gogles :D i was dremeling my new case i've been working on for a few months already (didnt have much time) and after a few cutting discs theres a glowing piece of metal flying in the rightcorner of my right eye , it hurted for like 4days and i cleaned it out, i was VERY lucky (again).
    thing is safety wear costs $$$ here and i dont got much $$$ left not even for modding :(

17. Medic6666

Medic6666 What's a Dremel?

cheap eye protection

I went to boots I think about 6 months ago and bought a cheap pair of glasses that have plain glass in them. They are a bit scratched but my eye are safe.

the only problem if you don't where glasses you may get grief from you mates....

The price we pay for our fun.

:)

18. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

next thing you know case modders are going to have full body armour with rubber plating (for electronic-griendly purppose) and a headshield with massive goggles and BOOTS so you dont break your feet ;)
    ...those are the days
    heheeh

19. SpikeyJake

SpikeyJake What's a Dremel?

I choped the end of my pinky off when i was kid . Its grown back , but its still kinda flat compared to my other . I did trying to nial a plank of wood to a tree with a brick (kids do such stupid things)

Oh if you dont have safty goggles or dont want to buy any . Try using some sunglasses . Hey its better than nothing ;)

20. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

ROFL
    its grown back eh??
    lol, i thought only reptiles could grow back body parts :p
    hrm....gonna have to look into that one ;)