1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Gaming 18 - Game of the Year 2010

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 Dec 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I was surprised that Civ 5 didn't get a mention in the "games of the year" podcast. For long-term Civ players it's not a brilliant game but it will surely make the Civ franchise more accessible and bring in a new wave of players.

3. Material

Material Soco Amaretto Lime

I think it was just that the four people we happened to have in the podcast weren't massive fans or hadn't played it.

If James was in there for example I'm sure it would have come up.

4. Canon

Canon Reformed

I would be really happy to see BT's GOTY go to Chime, Neptunes Pride or maybe even Flotilla. It would pain me to see it go to BLOPS or BFBC2. The whole FPS genre feels as if it's being mass produced from cheap parts in a dingy factory somewhere in the Chinese docklands and unfortunately they're being scooped up like crazy by the console gamers (you aren't as bad a bunch as made out sometimes) and they're making an obscene amount of money from them, so they keep coming.

I could be really wrong but like I say it would be nice to see the small, totally polished ( I think 'polished' is deffinitley the best way to put it) games be in with a chance.

5. castleofillusion

castleofillusion Ms. Shortbread

"I don't understand people who buy games and never play them." -- Chris THIS IS YOU. Your piles (of games, not the medical kind) are ridiculous. Well done though, I say we need more Yorkshire goodness in the BT podcasts. Though it will of course never compete with the gracefulness of the Scottish accent och aye the noo ;)

6. Jaffo

Jaffo What's a Dremel?

Got my swag... it's quality! Thanks guys!

Tags: Add Tags