1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming mice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Harrybo, 4 Sep 2008.

1. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Wooo, I remembered stuff!

2. Mike@TCT

Mike@TCT What's a Dremel?

I'll be honest. I read that somewhere and took it for granted. I haven't studied science in years, but it did seem a little strange to me.

It is however my opinion that wired mice can offer better performance than wireless mice.

3. moonlight

moonlight What's a Dremel?

I have G5 and I happy with using this.

4. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

i have a OEM microsoft sidewinder payed $30 less for it than one in the box, it has never been used, but by me. i love it its so bomb

5. *mat-ster*

*mat-ster* What's a Dremel?

OK all the pro gamers use wired mice!
    Why = no battery to change or input lag, trust me after you have done it a few times you get bored of it...

Still using My Logi MX518 geat, prefer to all others - the scroll wheel is just the right size for me...

Matty :)

Last edited: 16 Sep 2008
  6. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

G9 user here, I like have the different grips to switch between depending on game type. Plus I like being able to change the led colors :D.

7. waxbytes

waxbytes Hi Speed PC=Low Power SpaceHeater?

I have a habit of walking away with whatever is in my hand at the time and then absently putting it down somewhere.
    I "lose" cellphones and TV remotes frequently enough to be quite annoyed with myself. So a wired (i.e. "tethered")
    mouse is the only answer for me. I use a Razer Viper. For me "lag" is the amount of time I spend looking for a device.

8. staples

staples What's a Dremel?

I have a Sharkoon and really am not a fan of it.
    It is a bit tetchy and does not perform particularly well when gaming,
    Maybe the shape is the problem but I regret not buying a better mouse.

Definitely try a few out, at the end of the day you use your mouse a fair amount so make sure you are comfortable.

9. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

10. Lemmingzappa

Lemmingzappa What's a Dremel?

Logitech G5

11. Horizon

Horizon Dremel Worthy

After having the G9 for awhile, the G5, which it replaced, is at best decent.

Don't ever buy a Microsoft Sidewinder mouse, unless you have Sasquatch hands and your parents are double-jointed contortionist. It's that big and the buttons are that out of place

12. Tris

Tris What's a Dremel?

i see its a bit late to venture an opinion as he has already ordered a g5, but i'll still add my vote to the G9 posse - i love a heavier mouse, so the weights cartridge in the g9 is great (got it as heavy as it can be, glides so smooth over my func1030 [off topic, anyone know where u can get func mousepads these days? mines a bit worn out but i couldnt find any uk retailers when i looked to replace it recently]).
    I also find the "on the fly" dpi switching really handy as i tend to play fps games with a high sens except for when sniping when i drop it down with a touch of a button for better accuracy.
    Being able to match the led colours on it to the rest of my setup is also awesome!