1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Getting programs to startup - help plz!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bad_cancer, 6 Jul 2010.

1. Bad_cancer

Bad_cancer Mauritius? 2nd speck east of africa

Hi,

So I just got a g15 as a gift.

Wanting to get the best out of the screen, I installed lcd studio and make up a little display that picks info off the windows resource manager and off speedfan.

Now the problem:

I've been trying to get Lcd studio and speedfan to startup with windows and I can't get it to work.
    I set the options in lcd studio to startup minimized, I set a shortcut to speedfan into the startup folder, changed the options to run speedfan and lcd studio as administrator but to no avail.

I just don't get it. specially considering lcd studio has the option to startup with windows.

Gah...any one have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Oh and i'm running Win7 64bit

2. Kilmatead

Kilmatead What's a Dremel?

Don't bother relying upon the built-in startup with LcdStudio (it doesn't work) - just add a direct shortcut in the Windows Startup folder for LcdStudio to run minimized as well as the Speedfan shortcut.

The startup playlist (defined in LcdStudio's options) does, however, work properly, so once everything is set, it'll work as planned.

Keep in mind that if you put windows to sleep (rather than full shutdown), LcdStudio will NOT be running automatically when it awakens as you think it should (and as anything else would be). There are extra hurdles to jump through for that, if need be.

3. Bad_cancer

Thanks for the reply, I'll try the lcd studio shortcut when I get home, but I already put a speedfan shortcut in the startup (with administrator rights) and It doesn't work. :sigh:

I know I can start everything up manually, but it's not as neat is it? :p

4. Kilmatead

Kilmatead What's a Dremel?

All I can say is that I've been using both for a couple of years to achieve the same thing you're tying to do, so I know it works on Win7 x64. No special parameters are needed in the shortcuts - LcdStudio's own .xpl and .xds sort themselves out with the Speedfan plugin.

Do the processes at least start, and just no linked display, or nothing at all?

5. Bad_cancer

They d'ont start.
    But once I manually start them, everything runs like a charm.
    It's just getting them to startup with windows that ends in failure. :sigh:

6. gavomatic57

gavomatic57 Minimodder

You've set them to run as administrator - if UAC is on, it'll prevent things from running at startup that need elevated privaleges. Vista puts an icon down near the clock saying there are things needing approval, but I'm not sure about W7.