1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Google announces Android 1.5 features

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Apr 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Now how easy will the upgrade to 1.5 be?
    Lots of good development and customer interaction on googles part.

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

video recording and added onscreen keyboard all in a .5 increment?

that's progress! unlike Apple's now 3.0 and still can't get official video recording

4. War-Rasta

War-Rasta What's a Dremel?

:'-(
    I want an Android phone!

5. konsta

konsta What's a Dremel?

I like what I've seen of Android's functionality, but as yet it is not an attractive OS. The graphical styling looks like Win 95 to Apple's OSX, or the Palm Pre.

If I'm going to be using a device many times per day for at least a year, I would like it to look really nice.

The only way that Android will get any real traction though will be if the App Marketplace gets populated with more exciting apps. iPhone is just about to hit it's billionth app download - and that is because so many of the iPhone apps are just really cool.

6. fodder

fodder Minimodder

The upgrades/updates are normally flagged up as available by the phone (G1), you then hit update and it does it all itself. Brilliant. No Itune like bloatware on your pc or mac needed.

7. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Im definitely intrigued by the Android, however, I got about 18 months more on a two yr contract with my Blackberry. More importantly, I can't have a phone with a camera where I work (one of the reasons I went with the Blackberry - no cam on this model, but still has a full qwerty keyboard).

Android does sound like a pretty sweet phone/media device. Shouldn't really call these things phones anymore these days since they can do so much more.

8. Primoz

Primoz What's a Dremel?

I'd love an Android phone, but they are non-existing in Slovenia. And in the world in fact, appart from G1. And since we don't have T-Mobile...

Tags: Add Tags