1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Graphics cards hit lowest prices since Feb (German retail data)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 6 Jul 2021.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

And they'll love their brand-new re-re-released 2060. :rock:

Arboreal likes this.
  2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

There are more miners than gamers. Or, they buy more than one card whereas a gamer would buy one.

That means when mining dies on its arse there is an enormous flood of cards. It doesn't matter what was paid for them at that point. It just matters that there will be a massive flood, and thus they will have to compete to get rid of them. Meaning, basically, that the prices will be low.

As for scalping? you can only scalp a product that is desirable. Let me use this as an example. This was some stupid collaboration between S&M bikes and Supreme. There were only 1500 worldwide, and the RRP was £1500.

[​IMG]

They have been on Ebay for two years now. No one has bought them. Mostly because people realised they could actually build a legitimate 1995 S&M Dirt Bike with all original parts for less than £1500.

Also, have a look at Xbox Series X prices. Their "scalped" price is now about £30 more than RRP. Meaning that by the time the scalper is done? he will make about a tenner. That's a lot of ******** to put yourself through over a tenner.

GPUs? no different. Round One of mining? a Vega 64 was worth a grand easy. I bought one after mining collapsed for £230. The RRP at that time was still £550.

I also specifically remember RX 470s being worth about £400, yet when mining collapsed you could buy them from China for about £40.

3. Hmmm8888

Hmmm8888 What's a Dremel?

Let's not be unrealistically optimistic. With the combined chip shortages and mining not showing any signs of slowing, I don't expect GPUs to be selling at MSRP for the foreseeable future. Just like with covid, we will have to live with these grossly inflated prices with high demand and low supply for many years. And how do I know this? My Ouija board said so.:hehe:

Tags: Add Tags