1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Form Factor Help my shuttle is dead

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by door5678, 4 Oct 2004.

1. door5678

door5678 What's a Dremel?

I was watching a movie on my shuttle. There was a loud crack. The computer went dead now it wont boot or make any move ment at all. Is it the power supply or what? Please help. Ben

2. DickH

DickH What's a Dremel?

do you have annother power supply arround? it doesnt have to be the shuttle psu. Test the shuttle using that psu, if it works, then you killed your psu. Im thinking it could have been your psu. What PSU is it?

3. door5678

door5678 What's a Dremel?

its the 200w i dont have an extra powersupply im at college. Im haveing to write this on my ibook. It sucks i cant play counter strike now.

4. Chr!s

Chr!s What's a Dremel?

Sounds like a fuse, our Dishwasher did the same thing when it died a few days ago.

5. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

loud crack was either a fuse or a capacitor blew up. Open it all up and look for blown capacitors.

6. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Check it wasnt one of the clips on the heatsink coming off , mine did that the other day scared the life out of me :D

7. DickH

DickH What's a Dremel?

good news is that you can find the 250w PSUs arround pretty cheap, they are more powerfull, and should be quieter

8. xckid082488

xckid082488 Banned

HAHA!! My old amd 2000 did that to me a while back. It was the most startling noise ever. I was just sitting in the dark room with my little quiet computer then WHAP WHAP both sides of the heatsinks snapped off and hit the mobo and the heatsink fell to the bottom of the case.

9. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Thats the advantage of the shuttle the heatsink just stayed there :D

Tags: