1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Home Heating

Discussion in 'General' started by crazyg1zm0, 1 Feb 2016.

1. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Hi all.

This is a very specific question for anyone with any experience with a Mitsubishi EcoDan system. Either a person with one or someone with experience installing or maintaining them.

So Last year I moved into a home with one of these systems, and didnt bother changing the settings on the system at first as they were fine for summer. As winter came along I changed the settings to a timer setup so its only on when I need it.

Now I did my meter readings today and since my last set in november I used a phenominal ammount of electricity about 55 units a day which is 5 times higher than it was for the the previous period.

I am sure I have changed something in my persuits to make it more economical (in wanting it only on when im home) has made things worse. What I think i have done is changed the water temp settings to somethin a bit to high which has trigered the immersion heater.

In order to fix the issue I have done the followin
    • changed main target temp to a lower one (i have the zone wireless controlers and have these set for each zone)
    • changed the flow temp to 55 as apparently this is the most the ecodan can do before the immersion heater will kick in
    • set the hot water to only be on for an hour a day

Is there anyone out there who can advise if the flow temp is fine there or if i should lower it. Also despite my zone1 controller be set to the room being 18c its currently at 23.5c and is staying there and Im not sure why.

EDIT: the people I got the house from are bloody useless when I asked them if they would be able to help with my questions, and google has lots of different answers, and says i should have my flow temp even lower

2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Ah it's an ASHP, my Mum has a GHSP and it's very efficient but stupidly complex compared to a normal combi boiler!

Personally I'd call up a few local heating companies to see who has an engineer that could come round and explain the unit to you. Should only take about an hour so won't be too expensive and will quickly save you the cost of the visit in elec bills!