1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News HP Stream 14 launches with a price hike

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 9 Sep 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

"Double the storage capacity" doesn't actually mean that much when you compare the size of the install-base of Windows 8.1 vs. ChromeOS...

3. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

Whats the point of running legacy apps on these underpowered machines, as they just end up slowing to an unusable speed. Chrome owns this space/pricepoint and theres a reason for it.

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

£229 puts it squarely up against the Dell Inspiron 15 at £200 and the Tosh C50 at £230, both of which come with 4GB of ram and 500GB of spinning rust, albeit at the expense of being bigger/bulkier and not fanless...

Now the Celery in the Dell and the Tosh isn't going to set the world alight performance wise but for mooching on bookface and office work it's plenty fine and not far short of 6 hours worth of battery life from the Tosh [i know this because i've just bought one] they're not the worst things ever... and personally I would [and did] pick either of them over the HP...