1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ICYBOX IB-4220 - unable to detect WD HDD

Discussion in 'ICY BOX' started by Andehh, 23 Sep 2009.

1. Andehh

Andehh What's a Dremel?

I own the above NAS and have been using it with a 250gb HDD without any problems. A few days ago i picked up a 1TB Western Digital caviar Green HDD and iv been trying to install it ever since, without any luck. No matter what i try, the box is unable to detect the HDD. Iv tried various restarts, reboots, and firmware to no avail. :(.

Also, when the NAS is off (via front power button) there is also a loud hissing sort of noise that comes from the back (not the fan), but when the NAS is turned on this disappears.

Im using the 2.6.3.2-20090424 firmware, on a v1.2 board.

Any advice is appreciated,

Many thanks :)

Last edited: 23 Sep 2009
  2. Andehh

Andehh What's a Dremel?

Not only that the power block has a very loud hiss that comes from it, audible from across the room/over the TV. Im sure it shouldn't be this loud!

3. Lee@Nanopoint

Lee@Nanopoint Computer says yes!

Hi Andehh,

From your description it sounds like your power supply is faulty which may also be causing your initial problem of detecting the HDD's.

Please could you do an RMA on this unit? We will then test the unit here and do any repairs for you.

http://www.nanopoint.co.uk/en/service/rma.php

Once you have completed the form we will issue you with an RMA number, please could you then return the unit to the address that will be with your number and also mark your RMA number on the packaging?

Thank you

Last edited: 24 Sep 2009
  4. Andehh

Andehh What's a Dremel?

Yes please, from my records the warranty expired at the end of August (sods law, just over 3 weeks ago). How will this effect my RMA?

Thank you very much for the response. :)

edit; the link you provided links back to this thread, but if your referring to the RMA form on the nanopoint.co.uk website, i submitted one a few days ago. At the timei submitted the RMA i couldn't remember how old the unit was (dad bought it & he told me from his memory) but having spoken to him properly he has informed me that this NAS was bought at the end of August 08. :(

5. Lee@Nanopoint

Lee@Nanopoint Computer says yes!

Ooops sorry, i have changed the link now anyway.

Please fill out the form anyway and I will talk to my RMA dept to see if there is anything we can do.

Cheers

6. Andehh

Andehh What's a Dremel?

Many thanks Lee, really appreciate your help! :)

I sent off an RMA a few days ago, so ill await your reply on whether i should send off a second one, or just wait a response from the first.

Like i said, it was bought around the end of August, so i really have ran out of luck it seems! :p

7. Andehh

Andehh What's a Dremel?

Hi lee, do you know if there has any been any progress with this? Im yet to hear back about the RMA despite it being sent off last week.

Many thanks :)