1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel wants us dead, says AMD

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Mar 2009.

1. SuperNova

SuperNova What's a Dremel?

I think Intel could be subjected to loads of problems from various organization (monopoly and so on) if they take this too far.

Lets take an example so you get my point:

"Company X" invents a thing and gives loads of companies access to this technology so that this particular technology becomes the standard (which would be much harder or impossible if they kept it for them self in the first time). When it becomes the norm on the market "Company X" starts to revoke the access/licenses so they can get the whole cake. Fair?

I just used this as an example to explain my point and its not completely accurate to the story about Intel vs AMD.

2. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

AMD shareholder cheesecake! Not doing particularly well ATM (nor are most stocks), but it was purely out of support for an awesome company. Still have a FX-60 sitting in my old rig, although it has been demoted to "Father's Linux box"

3. mayakovski

mayakovski 10" blade with a 5/8" arbor.

Well Duh!

What did AMD think, that Intel wanted to be Best Friends Forever? If AMD just not figured out that Intel was trying to take them down then they deserve to fail for being to amazingly stupid.

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

[​IMG]

Last edited: 20 Mar 2009
  5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I know it's a niche and I understand AMD but many fan boys are annoyed by this move.

6. naokaji

naokaji whatever

lol wait? AMD is surprised that a Company wants its competition to go the way of the dodo?:duh:

7. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

They've allready tried to kill off Via with the same x86 licence methods as well...

**** you, you patent trolling monopolistic *******'s ;)

I must say, this kind of thing heavily dictates my personal IT spending...

Exactly why i'd never buy intel/sony/apple products unless there's absolutely no choice...
    If nobody supports the underdog to keep these evil anti-consumer companies in check, who will?

Tags: Add Tags