1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News iPhone 4S announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 Oct 2011.

1. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

You know what's really scary though? Quite how many phones Nokia still sells!

Across Europe for instance in the last year Nokia is still the number one brand, selling five times what Apple did. Stead-fast loyalty or do Europeans just love old-school phones?

2. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I know mate, Nokia are kicking arse in overall phone sales, I don't understand it. Although I do have a soft spot for Nokia, I still have a 3210, 3330 and an 8210 all still working perfectly. I think these phones will outlive us all.

3. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

Does anyone know if any of the major mobile networks allow you to get a 12 month contract by paying more for the handset? I much prefer paying more upfront than being locked into a silly 2 year contract (which unfortunately has become the 'norm' for smartphones due to their high price).

I've heard things like this are possible, they're just not advertised, you have to request it.

4. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Well with the old one yes you could with vodafone but I will check about the new one tomorrow when I get to work.

Also having a look at the tarrifs today for the new one they are damn good. I was quite shocked to be honest.

Sent from my GT-I9000

5. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

I used to love my n95 8gig. But I wanted to upgrade to another nokia and they had nothing that could compete with the iphone, so I got the 3gs and have loved them since. On the iphone 4 now, and would like this one some day, but no hurry to upgrade.

6. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

If anyone else is interested in shorter contracts on iPhones (or smartphones in general), O2 do 12/18/24 month contracts. Obviously, expect to pay much more for the handset. More info here.

7. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

As do vodafone who at this stage cheaper along side orange

Sent from my GT-I9000

8. Yeoo

Yeoo Minimodder

Best bet is too purchase the Iphone out right and get a simplicity tarif.. these are half the price as there is no Iphone to pay for.. 250-300 saving over 12 months

Tags: Add Tags